Chapter 11

A/N- So I have decided that for the rest of the story, I will be switching the point of view between Toxic and Party. I feel it's needed so that you can understand what's happening on both sides, and I hope you enjoy it!

Party's POV:

I opened my eyes, and could instantly tell that something was wrong. For one, it wasn't quiet. I was always the first one up in the morning, and it was always dead silent, save for Fun Ghoul's loud snoring. But this time, I could hear sounds of a struggle. Soft grunts as if someone were being kicked in the stomach.

I started to sit up, and realized I wasn't in my room at the diner. Then it all came flooding back to me. The fight. The dracs. Being stunned by one of their new stun-guns. My whole body ached. Why wasn't I dead?

I looked around, my vision slightly blurry, to find a huddle of white-clothed dracs surrounding what looked to be a blurry blob of red. No, I realized. That's Toxic's jacket. They have Toxic.

Standing up on my wobbling legs, I ran towards Toxic. As if sensing me, she looks up. I start to yell, but she mouths something. I can barely make out that she's saying Don't! I'll be fine! Get out of here!

As if she thinks I would leave her with them? Not happening. I continue on my way towards her, until I see her eyes. They are filled with a pleading I have never seen before. She's begging me not to come after her. She's telling me goodbye.

I know that if I go after her, she'll never forgive me. But there's no way I'm leaving her for dead. She went through that with Blood Beam. I won't be that person.

I won't go after her by myself though. That'll get us both killed. I'll wait until the others are awake, and then go in as a team. Maybe we can even take down BL/ind along the way.

So I do what she wants, and mouth I love you so that she believes I'm not coming after her. That this is our goodbye. And for a second, I feel like it might be the last time I ever truly see her.

Toxic mouths the phrase back, emotion filling her eyes. Then a drac comes from behind her a knocks her out, throwing her into the back of the car.

Then a drac comes running over to me. I take out my gun, preparing to shoot him down, but he starts to speak.

"A message from the boss," he says, referencing to Korse. "He says 'Keep running, loverboy."

Then he turns to walk away to catch up with the rest of his friends, but not before I let myself pull the trigger on my ray gun, blasting his brains out. One drac down, another step towards saving Toxic.

She'll be fine for a few hours, I try to convince myself. She'll put up a fight. But I can't shake the feeling that this is not going to go nearly as well as what I planned.

About a half hour later, the rest of the team is starting to wake up. They are groggy and irritated, but alive and well nonetheless, and we pile into the trans-am.

Well, they were well, until I tell them about Toxic. They had been wondering where she had gone, and I told them as soon as we got into the car.

Surprisingly, Silver is the most angered. "No!" She screams. "They can't take her! She's my best friend. We're going after her."

"Wait," Jet voices. "We can't. Not yet at least. They left us alive for a reason. To kill us on their turf. Right now, BL headquarters is going to be flooded with dracs and S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W. They're expecting us. We need to wait. Make a plan. Assess our skills and weaknesses. We can't help Toxic Torrent if we're dead."

"I hate to say it, but he's right," Kobra says, showing his support.

"No!" I yell, my temper getting the better of me. "It's my fault she's in there! If I hadn't of insisted on going in to Zone 1, she would still be here! It's all my fault..."

"Oh, my gosh," Silver interrupted. "We don't have time for your cliché self-loathing right now Party Poison! We are going to our base, and forming a plan, okay? Good. Now drive."

Her small rant was enough to get me back into action, but I still couldn't stop thinking about how this was all my fault. It was my stupidity that got her into this mess. So I was going to get her out, even if it killed me.

Toxic's POV:

"I'm going to ask you one more time, sweetheart. What's your name?" Korse asked me, venom in his voice. Apparently I was just so special that they even called the boss in. I was considered "high risk." It was pretty cool, take away the torture.

"Toxic Torrent!" I spit at him, lunging at him against my restraints. They had me strapped down on a chair that looked like it belonged in a hospital, fluorescent lights glaring down at me.

Korse sighed, frustration clear in his expression. He had been trying to get me to tell him my name before I was a Killjoy. But that wasn't happening. I wouldn't crack.

"This is exhausting for the both of us, just tell me your name!" Korse screamed.

"I've told you over and over. My only name is Toxic Torrent," I replied calmly. It only made him angrier, and I almost laughed.

"Okay, lets move on. What are you, Toxic Torrent? And where are your friends? I think one them was named, oh, what was it? Party Poison?"

"I am the total embodiment of chaos," I laughed devilishly. "And you aren't getting anything out of me, Korse. So let's just leave Party Poison and the rest of my team out of this, okay? They have nothing to do with this. Sorry to disappoint."

"Oh trust me, you will be far from a disappointment when I'm finished with you. And your friends, especially Party Poison, have everything to do with this." And then he turned on his heel and walked out of the room, leaving me strapped to a chair in this horrible room, wondering how the heck I was going to get myself out of this mess.

A/N: Hi everyone! I'm really sorry that my updates haven't been regular, I've been super busy! But hopefully this is an ok chapter and makes up for it! A bunch of action is coming up, so stay tuned! hahaha. Remember to comment and vote, and thanks for reading! :D

Oh, and today's song in Fairly Local by Twenty One Pilots!

~S