Episode 5: Memories

(Author- this is going to be short it's only going to talk about what happened after Natalie was adopted, so that way when I post an actually chapter you don't get confused. Hope you understand!)

~onto the story~

I remember the day, the day where I was supposedly brought home.

"Welcome to your new home Natalie, I'm sure you'll love it here." The owner of the house Mrs. Kiramman says as I walk through the door. I look up at her and nod, "Glad to be here." I said quietly.

The first time I met Caitlyn.

I hear a knock on my door, "Come in." I say while reading a book. I hear the door open but no one speaks, so I look over. A young girl, my age with dark blue hair. She steps out from the doorway, "Hello, my name is Caitlyn. I suppose your Natalie?" She asks. I nod. "Well, welcome to the Kiramman household then.." she said while looking down. I slightly smile and nod.

It took a while for me to be able to talk comfortably in that house, but once I was I almost never stopped.

"Did you know that Edgar, a writer I like was actually from the under-city?!" I asked Caitlyn as she looked at the checkerboard, she laughs. "No, I didn't." I smile, she moves her piece and looks at me. "Your move." She says, I look down and do a mischievous smile, I grab one of my pieces and jump over three of her pieces. I look up and smile, even more, the look on her face was priceless, "King me!" I said while laughing. She shakes her head and flips over my piece that was now on her side of the board.

Then there was the studying, my god the studying.

I place my pencil on the upper lip of my mouth as I look at a math problem, I slam my head on the table. "This. Is. Impossible." I said while banging my head against my desk. Caitlyn laughs, she looks at my problem. "You know, for someone from the under-city I'm surprised you know so much already, that's college leveled material you have there Natalie. So even if I knew, I don't think I would be able to help you that easily." Caitlyn says taking my pencil and twirling it.

Talking about what life was like in the under-city

"Really?! What happened next?" Caitlyn says, "Well then we got chased by enforcers of course. But a friend got stuck, they thought it was funny and left him there." I say while hugging my pillow, I see Caitlyn furrow her brows "That's not nice" I hear her say. "Mhm, it took all night before we found him there.." I said while opening my locket. Caitlyn looks over my shoulder, "How about those two girls beside you in the picture? Who are they?" Caitlyn asks, I freeze. I then sigh, "People who mean the world to me." I said. She laughs "Well that doesn't specifically answer my question." Caitlyn says, I look at her and sigh and lay down.

"The one with blue hair is Powder, and the pink-haired one is Vi." I said, she looks at me. "I've heard you mention Vi before, what were they like?" She asks, I close my eyes and laugh. "Powder, she was sweet and creative. She was an amazing little girl, she didn't want to hold the others back either. And Vi, she was strong, badass, and a little mean as well. But she still cared for the others." I say, Caitlyn looks at Vi in the image in my locket. "She's pretty." Caitlyn says, I chuckle. "Yeah... She is." I said while closing my locket.

Joining the enforcers

"Why do I have to do this again." I whispered to Caitlyn, "Because mom wants you to be with me for some reason. Besides didn't you say you wanted to find your girlfriend and her sister? Because being an enforcer is a great way to do that. " Caitlyn whispers back, I feel a slight blush grow on my face, "She's not my girlfriend!" I say to Caitlyn, "Officer Kiramman!" I freeze. "Yes sir?" I said, "Is there a problem?" The chief asks, "No! Not at all, sir!" I say I hear Caitlyn snicker and I jab her in the side.

And finally at 21, Progress Day.

"Why did we get assigned to this stupid ass tent again?" I asked as I watch one of Caitlyn's old friends, Jayce walks away.

(Sorry for publishing so much I just write and can't help it 😭)