Episode 7: Fated Reunions

Recap:

After years of being apart, Vi and Natalie are reunited. It's in the least place Natalie would expect, a fucking prison. Caitlyn gets the paperwork for Vi's release in hopes of finding evidence with their current case with the help of Vi.

~Onto the story~

"Vi?!" I yelled, wide-eyed. She looked at me and slowly nodded, I smiled. I then slowly walk to her and hug her. I feel her hesitate but she accepts it, I then slowly let go and whack her head. "Ow! What the hell was that for?!" she yelled, "What do you mean?! Where the bloody hell have you been?!" I yelled. "What does it look like, a toilet? No, I've been in a jail cell!" Vi responded, we stared at each other for what felt like an eternity before I see a smile spread across Vi's lips. I couldn't help but smile back, we both started laughing. I look over at Caitlyn to see her sighing then smiling.

"It's good to see you again." Vi says, "Likewise." I say hugging her. "Ahem.", I turned around to see Caitlyn clearing her throat, "Care to introduce us while we leave?" Caitlyn asks as she starts to walk away. I chuckle, "Sure thing Cait." I said as I walked out of the cell with Vi behind me.

~ a few hours later~

"I heard the view up there is nice." I said pointing at a train, "Mm, then it should give us a lay of the land." Caitlyn says holding a map looking up at it. I nod and start following her, then I turn to see Vi standing over a ledge. "You coming Vi?" I ask while walking towards her, she shakes her head. "The plan you were talking about is too risky." Vi said as she lifted her hood and jumped off the ledge, Caitlyn gasps and runs over. I chuckle, "So that's what we were doing, huh?" I said as I adjusted my sleeves, and jumped off, then followed the pink-haired woman. "Natalie, what the hell are you doing?!" I hear Caitlyn yell as I run along the rooftops, I just start laughing. "WHO-HOOO!!" I yelled as I jumped off the roof, "Wait for me!" I hear Caitlyn yell as I slide down a roof and into an alley.

"Speed it up, I'm right behind you!" I said as Vi entered my sight. Vi then jumps from the railing to a building with me in tow, as she jumps over to the next roof I smile. As I jump and feel the wind pass through me I smile more and start to close my eyes, for once in a very long time, I finally feel free. I opened my eyes again to land, but I saw that I had missed the edge of the roof. I try to reach out and grab it but fail, thankfully something grabs my wrist. I look up and see Vi smirking and looking down at me. "Too into the moment?" She asks while pulling me up, "You think? Oh wow, thanks for pointing that out captain obvious." I said while smiling while getting up and dusting myself off.

Vi glared at me, "I will throw you back off this roof and leave you there." she said. "Um, never mind then. I'm gonna just-" I start to say while backing off, "RUN!!" I yelled as I jumped off the roof. "Oh no, you don't!" I hear Vi say, "Come and catch me strawberry head!" I said while laughing, I then looked over to see the lights come off from the under-city beaming at me. I stop and look over, a few seconds later I look over and see Vi looking at the city. I smile, "Welcome home." I said. I see her look at me, "Glad to be back." she said smiling then looked back at the city. I then see her jump down, I follow.

When I landed I heard "Nice jackets you got there." and before I knew it, there were fucking bodies in a garbage dump. "What the-" but Vi interrupted my thoughts by throwing some clothes at my face. "Ow! What the fuck?!" I yelled, "Payback for earlier, now hurry up and put those on." Vi says as I hear her descending footsteps, just as I put on my clothes Caitlyn falls right next to me. "What-" I looked over to see a tired Caitlyn. Vi throws clothes at Caitlyn thankfully they didn't hit her face like mine did, otherwise we would have a grumpy Caitlyn for the rest of the day.

"You could've gotten me killed." I hear Caitlyn breathe out as she catches the pair of clothes. I see Vi roll her eyes, "My sister could do that when she was seven, Natalie was a pro at eight. All of us lane folk can do that. Don't you wanna blend in?" Vi asks, Caitlyn sighs. Vi looks over at me, "Nice jacket." I look at the leather jacket I had on. Then look at her, "Thanks but I think yours looks better." I said, she chuckles. I see her walk out the alley, Caitlyn not far behind. I follow them.