Episode 14: Oil and Water

Recap:

After Natalie, her brother, Caitlyn and Vi try to convince the council to help the undercity instead of trying to further hurt the people. They ignore their suggestions, now they must find a way to stop Silco and the undercity. 

~Now onto the story~

"Violet wait!!" Callan yelled as I walked out of the building, it was raining. It was raining hard. I lifted up my hood and walked to where the others were. "Vi wait for us! where are you going?" Caitlyn asked, I followed the three trying to catch up with them. "I don't know, maybe back where I came from? Seems like that's what everyone wants." Vi responded, Caitlyn's eyes widened and Callan sighed. "Look, Natalie and I are from there too. But we are staying up here trying to do our best to help the undercity right now." Callan said as I had caught up with them, I huffed and nodded.

 "Vi, we can fix this we just have to-" Caitlyn was cut off. "You can't fix this! Even if you find another solution those people won't  hear us out!" Vi yelled as she turned towards us. I jumped a bit,  "I was so stupid to think they could make a change." Vi added. "Vi you aren't stupid." I said, "It was just a sense of hope you have for the lanes. Like I do." I added. "Yeah? Well it's stupid. They can't change anything." she responded. I looked at her, "Hey it's not stupid, and there must be something we can do. Some other way, and if there is I know all of us can find it." Callan said. 

"We'll have to make a plan, we have to at least try Vi." Caitlyn added. Vi huffed then sighed, she looked at us. "Ok guys, look. We tried. It wasn't enough. Okay? Do you understand?" Vi said. "Yes but-" Caitlyn was cut off. "Topside and bottom. Oil and water. That's all there is, us under-siders will never be like you." Vi said. I look down, "What about us Vi? I am a part of the undercity, but I am also a worker for topside." I said, Vi looks at me. "Then you'll have to choose which side you're on Nat." she said. 

My eyes widened and my head shot up. "Woah, Vi isn't that a bit far?" Callan asked. "Yeah! She didn't choose to go to topside but she did it to find you and your sister." Caitlyn said. There was silence for a moment, then Vi spoke. "Well.... She found us didn't she? Now she'll get to make a decision, and what ever it'll be I'll respect it. So what will it be sunshine? You coming or not?" Vi asked. I looked at Caitlyn and sighed, I hugged her. She hugged me back, "I should've guessed what your answer would be." Caitlyn said as she chuckled softly.

 I nodded and snickered "I guess so huh Cait?" I said, she let out a soft laugh. "Please be careful out there Nat, and don't do anything stupid until we can figure this out..... Please." Caitlyn pleaded. I nodded acknowledging her, Vi then interrupted us. "So sunshine! You coming or not?" Vi asked as she was walking away. I sighed, "Coming Pinky, just gimmie a sec." I said. I looked at Callan, "You gonna come along Cal?" I asked him, he nodded. "Of course I am. If this one isn't there who else is gonna babysit you? Plus I don't plan on leaving my sister again anytime soon." Callan said as he gestured to Caitlyn then followed Vi.

 I sighed, "I don't need to be babysat-..." I sighed, Caitlyn snickered. "Sometimes you do." she said. "Ow-" I said as a response. She olet out an airy chuckle and hugged me. "See you later Nat." Caitlyn said, "See you Cait." I hugged her back, I then let go and followed my brother and Vi.

~Time skip~

"So why did you want to know where Jayce spends free time again?" I whispered to Vi, "Shh, don't question it. Just follow me angel." Vi said, I nodded. Callan jabbed me, "Yo, tomato face calm down." he whispered to me, I jabbed him. "Shut up." I said. He snickered, he whispered to Vi, "Hey pinky, maybe stop flirting with my sister and breaking her and she'll be able to function." I slapped the back of his head. "I said shut up!" I whisper-yelled at him. "Ow! Ok jeez, fine." he said and huffed. 

But when I looked up Vi was already gone. "Before you ask she went over to where Jayce is." Callan said, I looked at him. "Bitch." I thought,