#1

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆

There you were hoping that the teacher could finally end the lesson and talk about the top 5 best scores for this week's exam.

You were nervous but confident at the same time. You studied, hell you did. If you didn't spend about two hours studying a topic you don't even like then you don't even know at this point. But what you do hope is that you ended in first place.

People say it's an obsession you have with winning, but you call it satisfaction.

The fucking satisfaction you get watching his jaw clench at the sound of your name being called when you get first place. Or hearing that you got the best grade in the class and that he came in second.

Everytime he glares at you in anger and just walks away without saying anything, makes your ego grow wider. It just boosts your confidence in winning and you know he knows that.

However, of course winning goes both ways. Sometimes you win and other times you don't. And let's say that last time he won, surpassing your winning streak. It got you angry, oh so fucking angry. It was the only reason why you dedicated yourself to study and pass the exam.

You aren't letting him get away with it this time, you won't be seeing that cocky smirk of his whenever you enter the classroom. Now he'll see yours.

"As you may all know" the teacher started, bringing you out of your thoughts. This is the moment you have been waiting for, ever since yesterday night. The time has come.

"It's tradition to share the best scores of the week" she smiled, pulling a sheet of paper which you assume has the names and grades. As soon as she brought that paper closer to her face, you felt your heart beating faster and faster.

Your hands were becoming sweaty and your foot was swinging side to side. Those were all signs of nervousness that you always made whenever this day came. Hell yeah you were nervous, if you don't win you have to suck up all of his stupid comments, and smirks that he'll give you.

And what will you be able to do about it? Absolutely nothing, since he did win fair and square. Which is what scares you the most.

"Jasmine you got a 95%, great job on getting second place" she clapped her hands as the whole class followed right after. Only now did you realize that Jungkook didn't get second and neither did you, which means someone failed it.

It's embarrassing to lose to him, that you got second and that he got first. But it's a totally different embarrassment that one of the two of you placed in the top 5 and the other didn't at all. Which has never happened before and you are afraid it'll happen now.

Did he really make the top 5 and you didn't? The thought was already eating you up whole even without knowing who ended in first. You were starting to become sick, wanting to just vomit from the anxiety you were getting.