#21

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆  

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆  

"So christmas, anyone doing something fun?" Jimin speaked up, earning both your and Hoseok's attention, something that caught you both off guard.

The Christmas season was here, and you had more than clear where you would be spending it. Like every Christmas, you will be going to your parents house, staying there for the new year and then coming back to college.

There wasn't much to look forward to there, it would be most likely the same thing every year, so you weren't that excited. But you hope this Christmas could be better from the last Christmas you have had.

However, you doubt it. Your parents have never been the softest with you, so if you ever decide to go against something they want, you will be seen as the bad person. They will cause unnecessary problems, and at the moment you don't need that.

You have plenty of things to worry about, like studying, tests, homework, even your own personal life. You don't need them adding more problems.

"I'll go visit my family" Hoseok spoke up, shoving a bunch of rice on his mouth, almost making him choke in the process. Something you couldn't help but laugh, earning a glare from him.

Just like you, Hoseok also visits his family, the only thing is, they are sweet. Just like Hoseok, his mother is a literal angel. She's one of the most kindest and most caring mothers you have met.

You talked to her before. That one time Hoseok was in a video call with his mom as he presented you to her, showing you that same smile he has. The call was heartwarming, you got to talk to her, express some things with her, and even laugh with her.

Ever since then Hoseok always makes you say hi to her, making you talk to her as if you were also her daughter. It always felt warm receiving love from someone.

"Same here" you added, taking a sip from your water. "What about you?" you asked Jimin, watching as he just shrugged.

"Not sure, my family is too busy to even care about what i do" Jimin confessed, making you look down at the table, you understand that feeling. Not the busy part, but the fact that they don't care much about you.

Well at least that's what it feels like.

They have neve been fully present in your life. Not once did they ever decide to ask how you were feeling, to ever just show you a bit of affection, or even say the damn words 'i love you'.

Just nothing.

"I'll probably just stay here" knowing that he also has issues at home sends a reality check to you. Even though your parents aren't and having been the best, they are still there. Still calling you even if it's just for pure arguments.

Other people don't truly have the privilege to even know their parents, to at least spend time with them. And Jimin's words hit you, enough for you to think of a solution for him.