chapter one - paradis

Hi guys!!! It's been so long but I'll save my comments till the end... enjoy! (also comment next to parts that you notice are new, I wanna see if you can find em) 

~

It was finally September. After months of constant nerves, you now sat in your mom's car, looking out the window as you watched the trees pass by. Even though it was still the end of summer, leaves had already begun to crisp up and turn slightly yellow in anticipation of the fall season.

Despite the look of fall setting in, the weather was still warm and the sun shined down, gleaming on all the faces that it could. It was times like this that you admired the world. Snapping from your blissful thoughts, you tuned into the sound of clunking from the trunk of the car where all your bags were placed. The noise didn't have your attention for long however as you soon realized you were about to pass the "You are now leaving Marley" sign. You sighed and looked down at your phone to see a text from your friend Sasha.

Sash<3:

Let me know when you get here and I'll come meet you in the parking lot:)

Y/N<3:

Will do Sash, see you in 40 mins!

Sasha was your best friend since you were little, but sadly those days came to an end when you moved from Paradis to Marley when you were ten. You're now nine-teen and in your second year of college, moving back to your home town for schooling.

You were excited for the change and excited to get away from your old life but you couldn't help feel the nerves well up in your throat. You've felt nauseous for weeks. Paradis was great but after living in the city for years, it felt strange coming to a small quiet town. Something about the silence in Paradis unsettled you. You had gotten too used to chaos.

You had made a few friends during your time in Marley but they were city people, money hungry, gossip driven, toxic seeking bastards who you never really cared for.

Well... you did care for them at one point in your life but you can only take so much before you either sink or swim in their never changing ways. Sad part was, you sank. For five whole years, you were drowning. Your whole life was swallowed up in a matter of months. You were at a party almost every night, drinking, pill popping and not giving two damns about school. It was a miracle you even made it into college.

Your mom tried to talk sense into you but she was never able to get past the walls of denial you built so high. The only one to pull you out of that slump was Sasha. She reached out to you after finding your social media and you quickly made up for lost time. She brought out the inner child in you.

After moving to Marley, you felt like you were forced to grow up to fit in. After she came back into your life, your nights no longer consisted of parties but rather long facetime calls, studying together and chatting about your lives.

She told you about all her friends and how great they were. She spoke a lot about Connie who was her best friend in Paradise. They had met back in high school where she met the majority of her friends like Eren, Mikasa, Armin, and Jean. It wasn't until her first year of college that she met Annie, Bertholdt, Reiner, Historia, Ymir and Marco.

Her life was a stark contrast to yours. The people she spoke about seemed wonderful, you could just tell by the way her eyes would light up telling stories about them. It was those stories that made you want to return. You craved the life she had and the people she surrounded herself with.