Chapter 8; 'Tis The Season

*Smut*

Christmas was in 2 days and the house was getting hectic. Between Pieck treating me like her bestie and Galliard and Kou teasing me 24/7, I was going insane.

So to salvage my sanity, I decided to get out of the house. Although I hated the city, there was a small park by my house that I always used to visit to clear my head.

Since it was so small, barely anyone knew about it so it was usually empty. Today it was exactly what I expected, dead, apart from a few kids on the playground. I walked to the swings set and sat down, beginning to swing myself.

It was a bit chilly so I was bundled up to keep my warmth. It was nice out however, the sun was out and only a light layer of snow sat on the ground. I watched as the children flowed onto their backs, making snow angels together. They even tried to make a snowman but the snow wasn't packing snow, nor was there enough to make a full one in this part alone. Seeing them like this almost made me forget I was back in Marley. City children had no need to play outside with one another, they had social media to stay in touch and video games to play.

It wasn't till you heard a group of teenage girls walk by that you remembered your surroundings. Gossip and shit-talking spilled from their lips as they made snarky comments about a girl they were passing. The girl they passed was beautiful, she had gorgeous red hair and a face full of freckles. I heard one of the girls scoff and call her a carrot top before laughing. Classic. "Hey, assholes!" I raised my voice when speaking to grab their attention. "You in the blue, your roots are showing, and you in the black, your face is a different color to your neck," I stated plainly, repressing a laugh at their shocked expressions. The red-haired girl also chuckled a bit before the group of girls walked off quickly.

"Thank you", the red-haired girl called.

"Don't mention it, people like that have it coming", I gave her a smile before she also took off home. I sighed and opened my phone to check the time.

"Y/n?"

I heard a familiar voice call behind me so I turned. My eyes landed on a tall boy with black hair and piercing grey eyes. Nathan. "Holy shit it is you, I was hoping I'd see you around here", he came up and gave me a warm hug, "How have you been?"

"I've been good, you? You've been traveling haven't you?"

"Ya, I just got back from Germany a couple days ago actually. I'm home for a month though with Christmas and all." He came around and sat on the swing next to me. "Are you busy now?" I asked while I went back to swinging slightly. "Nope, I was just getting out of the house." He flashed me his classic smile. The stupidly charming smile that made any girl melt. It reminded me of Jean's cocky little smirk he'd pull.

"Would you wanna come over for dinner? I'm sure my mom would love to see you." I raised my brow as I questioned him, twiddling my thumbs in the process. "I'd love to." And with that, we made our way back to my place.

I was right, my mom was excited to see him. Even more excited than when she saw me for the first time in months. I could understand though, she loved Nathan, he was a good guy. He was always there for me. He and I got together towards the end of my little drug fiasco, he and Sash were responsible for getting me through it.

We all ate dinner together, Kou and Nathan hitting it off like it hadn't been years since they'd seen each other. My mom and stepdad were watching tv in the living room, while the rest of us were fooling around in the basement. We played Mario Kart for god know how long. We were all very competitive apparently. I was in second place behind Galliard. That man needed to get a life, his skills were too good for someone who has a full-time job.