Chapter 32; See you later, Armin

*light smut*

This past summer was the best summer I've ever had, between nights out with the girls and many adventures with Armin, I couldn't be happier. Although I wish the summer would last forever, time kept ticking by. Before I knew it, it was the last week of August.

Armin was leaving the first week of September since the new semester started the second week of the month. So as time stands, we only had a little over a week left together. We had a few things planned until then but most of our activities have already taken place over the busy past two months.

As the days passed by, inching closer and closer to September 5th, I found something constantly eating at me. And each day I got closer to realizing what the feeling was. It was my own selflessness trying to push through. My constant want to do what is best for others was something I loved about myself but it really could be a bitch.

Armin and I had a date later tonight, we were going out for dinner one last time at a fancy restaurant Armin had made reservations for back in July. The fact that we couldn't get a table until nearly a month after booking just showed how fancy the place was. It was a restaurant back in Marley, which explained the high status.

I stood in front of my mirror, staring at my body in my tight wine red dress. It was longer than what I was used to but I liked it nonetheless. It had a long slit up the leg to show off my freshly shaven legs. I wore a pair of pretty black heels that complemented the look perfectly with light, fresh-looking makeup. I haven't felt this pretty in a long time.

Walking over to my bedside table, I picked up my phone to check the time. I was welcomed by my lock screen of Armin and me the day we went scuba diving. We were both pulling goofy faces as our goggles hugged our faces. It was my favorite memory from this summer.

The look on Armin's face the whole day was one I wish I could capture and make him wear all the time. He was so happy to be sharing something he loved with me. From his first look at me in the wetsuit to taking pictures with pretty fish under the water's surface, it was a magical day.

The time read 4:30 pm which meant Armin would be here soon. Our reservation wasn't until 6:oo pm but the drive to Marley was lengthy. Just as I was about to put my phone down, a message popped up from Armin saying he was outside.

I blew a kiss to Sasha before walking out of the apartment and down the stairs to the parking lot. Just outside the front door was Armin standing in front of his car with a bouquet of roses. He was wearing all black with a matching wine red tie after he begged me to tell him the color of my dress I'd be wearing.

"You look beautiful." Armin handed me the roses and placed a kiss on my cheek.

"You don't look too bad yourself." I slid into the passenger seat after Armin opened up the door for me. He walked around the car and hopped into the driver's seat, pressing his foot down on the gas to get going.

I looked to the heat and saw that he had it almost all the way up, along with the heated seat. His seats were off but he made sure mine were warm before I got in. It was the little things he did that showed just how much he cared.

"I'm actually excited tonight, it feels like we've been waiting forever to get in," he said, pulling up to a red light and turning to me.

"I hope the foods worth the wait." I rubbed his hand that was placed on my thigh. "Even if it's not, I'm just happy to be with you." Not wanting to meet his gaze because I was feeling embarrassed after the sweet words, I looked out the window. I tried to count each star that was making an appearance in the night sky.

"You're a sap." The light turned green so Armin took his eyes off me and focused back on the road.

The whole ride was silent apart from the music in the background. My eyes continued to look out the window, taking in the scenery of the city. I wasn't a fan of Marley, that was no secret but it was actually very pretty. I would never say it before but not that I have a different mindset, I could actually appreciate the cities nightlife.