Chapter 24; Lies

*smut*

After leaving your dad's, Armin dropped you off at your place, saying he needed to study so you should go home. That was a week ago and you still haven't seen him apart from school and work. Even at work, he was different, he'd normally chat with the staff but he came and left without speaking much of anything to anyone. He texts me from time to time which is the only thing keeping me sane. Normally it was a good morning or goodnight but it held no meaning as of recently. It was more of a chore on his end.

I didn't want to think the worst of his actions but it's hard not to. I could only think of Jean and how similar their actions were but I knew Armin would never cheat. He seemed so in love with me that I couldn't fathom the thought even crossing his mind. The ring he gave me was also an indication of that.

So what was going on with him?

I was laying in my bed, staring intently at the ceiling as I spoke to it, hoping for answers to my many questions. The ceiling spoke to me just as much as Armin had been. I tried to ask him about it multiple times but each time I asked, he threw a new lie at me. It was either, "I'm busy", "I'm tired" or "you worry too much y/n, just drop it". How could I just forget about it though?

I screamed silently before picking up my phone to text him.

y/n<3:

Hey, you up?

Armeen<3:

Ya, what's up?

y/n<3:

I just wanted to talk, I miss you

Armeen<3:

I doubt you miss me, you saw me at work earlier

What is this really about?

y/n<3:

You don't even talk to me at work

Why does it have to be about anything? Can't I just talk to you?

Armeen<3:

Cause it's always something with you recently

y/n<3:

I was only asking if you were okay

You always tell me not to bottle things up but here we are

Armeen<3:

Nothing to bottle up y/n, I'm fine

I'm just tired with all the assignments I have and the shifts I've been working

y/n<3:

Heard that one before

Armeen<3:

Stop.

y/n<3:

Omg what's this strange white powder on my nose?

I wanted to joke around so this conversation wouldn't end in an argument like it always did.

Armeen<3:

Not funny