It's Okay 43

Your POV

      I took an empty, white mug from the cabinet while Sebastian placed a bag of tea leaves on the counter. 

      "Are those for Ciel?" I asked. 

      "Yes. Although he doesn't need to consume any food. Tea would be the best to drink with his medicine," Sebastian explained. I nodded then placed a few tea leaves into the mug, poured some water, stirred it, and then carefully placed the mug and a few pills on a metal tray. Ciel has been in a coma for a few days now. I take a deep sigh feeling a severe deep guilt bubbling up within me. 

      "Hey Y/N," Adalaide greeted. 

      "Oh, hi how are the kids?" 

      "They're doing fine. Thanks for letting them stay here until the orphanage is settled," Adelaide answered. 

      "Will their 'hybridness' be accepted in other families?" I wondered. 

      "I got rid of their hybrid sides," Adelaide replied. 

      "How?" 

      "You may not know this but when we found you unconscious you were next to a bottle of liquid and a book. Sebastian still had the book while I gave each of the children some of the hybrid serum which reverted them back to normal. That's why I was looking for you to ask you whether or not you wanted to take the serum," Adelaide continued. I thought for a long moment of silence. Being a hybrid was pretty much all I ever knew and is one of the only things that connect me to my past. I shook my head. 

      "Okay, but at least take this pill it will stabilize your hybrid genes so you don't go umm... berserk," Adelaide suggested. I nodded then popped the pill into my mouth. Adelaide left with a satisfied expression on her face while I continued down the hall. A quiet creak escaped from the door as I entered the room. I looked around the room noticing a translucent curtain separating Black's bed and Ciel's bed. Carefully, I placed the tray on Ciel's bedside table while I sat down beside his bed. 

      "Please wake up..." I whispered. 

      "I'm awake...you like...my sleeping face?" Ciel weakly chuckled. I jumped up in shock not expecting him to respond. Ciel slowly sat up while I took the tea and medicine off the bedside table. Cautiously, I passed the medicine and tea over to Ciel making sure I didn't spill a single drop. 

      "Thanks..." Ciel said. I looked at the floor ashamed of what I'd done. 

      "I'm so sorry Ciel. I can't believe I did this to you. If you had died...I don't know what I would have..." 

      "It's okay...you weren't in control I'm just glad you're fine now," Ciel responded. 

      "It's not okay! What IF I had killed you?! I was so close! If I-"

       Ciel interrupted me, stroking and patting my head, "I forgive you...It's all over now." A slight, sad smile spread across my face. Suddenly, Sebastian burst into the room holding a book. 

      "Y/N, this book is your father's diary."