Going Back to the Start?

The three friend's stared at her and Seulgi gulped. She didn't want to lie to them, but would they understand the truth? Hopefully so, because it was what she went for.

« I'm helping her » She simply said, taking a mouthful of her food. She was starving so they'll have to have that conversation while eating.

« What does the cold bitch needs help for? » Sooyoung raised a questioning eyebrow, exasperated by the possibility that Joohyun was taking advantage of Seulgi's kindness.

« She.... » Seulgi swallowed her food and leaned closer « She's figuring things out about herself, so don't be mean. She's going through a tough time »

« Wait! » Yeri leaned even closer « Is she into girls? » She let out stunned.

« Shhh! » Seulgi looked around to make sure no one heard. The last thing they needed was the start of a rumor.

« Seul, please tell me she's not hurting you » Seungwan sighed with concern.

« She's not » Seulgi promised « She just needs someone by her side »

« And why does it have to be you? » Sooyoung asked.

« Because she has no one else » Seulgi defended the absent girl.

« Okay » Seungwan sighed, seeing the determination in her eyes. She would support her best friend even if she was a bit worried about the whole situation « How did it happen though? »

Seulgi instantly knew the truth wouldn't shine Joohyun in a good light but she didn't want to lie to them « She showed up at my house a few weeks ago when the storm hit » The three pairs of eyes widened.

« She showed up at your house during the storm » Yeri repeated, making sure she correctly heard and Seulgi nodded « What kind of a psycho would do that? »

« She's not a psycho » Seulgi sighed « She's lost »

« Yeah, you already said that » Sooyoung told her « Did she ask for help or something? »

Seulgi fidgeted on her seat and Seungwan frowned « Did she threaten you? »

« No » Seulgi answered immediately. She groaned and put down her chopsticks before looking at her three friends who were waiting for an explanation « She was drunk and didn't make much sense so I let her sleep at my place » She omitted the kiss and she intended to omit that they had sex as well but she also wasn't a very good liar « With the intensity of the storm we had to stay together all weekend and I....I realized that she had a....hidden pain »

« She's a lesbian? » Yeri's jaw dropped.

« Possibly » Seulgi shrugged « But don't come to conclusion like that. She doesn't know, so we don't know »

« Kang Seulgi, look at me » Seungwan said firmly and Seulgi gulped. It was never good when Seungwan talk to her in that tone. Nonetheless, she reluctantly met her eyes « How did you find out? » She knew. She could see it in her eyes. And who knows what she had seen today.

« She...uh...she kissed me »

« WHAT? » Yeri and Sooyoung half-screamed but were immediately shushed by the two others as they gained the attention of some of the people closest to them in the cafeteria. As things settled down Yeri whispered-screamed « The cold queen kissed you? » Seulgi nodded shyly.

« And so now you're helping her come to term with her sexuality » Seungwan concluded, to which Seulgi nervously agreed. But Seungwan saw she was playing with her food as if she was still holding onto something « There's more, isn't it? » Seulgi lifted her eyes toward her and she immediately had her answer « It was more than a kiss, wasn't it? » She verbally asked nonetheless.