I'm Ready to Cross

Joohyun laid under the covers, wide awake as the other girls lightly snored beside her but especially one of them was making it very difficult for her to fall asleep. The girl right next to her. Joohyun had almost hugged her because, for a moment, as she drifted to sleep, the scent made her think it was just the hoodie. She bolted awake and was scared to fall asleep ever since. It probably had been hours. She just laid nervously, staring at the semi-darkness, until she needed to pee. She groaned at her own stupidness and removed the blankets from herself carefully to not wake the others. She tiptoed outside the room under the little moonlight that filtered through the windows. She closed the door of the bathroom and released a breath she hadn't realized she was holding. She took her time doing her business, nervous about being near Seulgi again but her eyelids began to feel heavy and she had to resign herself to gather up her courage. When she got out, however, she had to clasp her hand over her mouth to muffle her scream.

« I'm sorry. I'm sorry » Seulgi raised her hands in front of her in apology, as she was backing off from the door « I just....You took a long time, I wanted to make sure you were alright » She explained, scratching the back of her neck out of embarrassment.

« Oh, I....I thought everyone was asleep » Joohyun let out awkwardly « I... » She sighed. She might as well tell Seulgi. Knowing her she will eventually get it out of her anyway « I couldn't sleep »

« Insomnia? » Seulgi asked. Joohyun shrugged but Seulgi raised an eyebrow with a smirk. Joohyun really couldn't lie to save her life with her anymore « Is it too stressful to be here? With the girls? With me? » Joohyun met her eyes.

« I...I really enjoyed this evening » A little smile appeared on her face and it instantly reassured Seulgi. Of course, it wasn't the end of the battle but it was a win nonetheless.

« What did you think of Yeri's moms' story? » She asked gently with interest. Joohyun pondered the question as they faced one another. It sure had overwhelmed her in a way. She had tried to picture herself in their situation and it made her heart tingle. Her future always looked so morose before but this simple thought of living in a house where she could wake up by her wife's side and raise their child was almost bringing tears of joy to her eyes. She looked at Seulgi, hoping that maybe in another universe she might be lucky enough to live this dream with this ethereal girl.

« Jealous » She whispered, barely audibly. Seulgi tilted her head to the side, brows slightly knitted « It made me jealous » Joohyun sighed, leaning on the wall behind her « I...kind of....imagined how it would feel if it was me and....it...felt...very nice » She blushed, but thankfully Seulgi couldn't distinguish it in the semi-darkness. After a few seconds of silence, Joohyun raised her gaze toward her and her eyes widened in surprise as she saw her eyes fixed on her lips. Her blood rushed through her veins and her thoughts were exploding. Seulgi's gaze lifted and she became instantly embarrassed.

« I'm sorry, Joohyun » She muttered awkwardly, turning around to go back to Yeri's room. But Joohyun grabbed her wrist which made her stop. She turned back slowly toward her with a shy expression.

« I know it's supposed to be me that share her every thought for therapeutic reasons but you can also talk to me, you know? » Joohyun kindly invited. Seulgi gulped, yet, she finally put her gaze back on her.

« I don't think it's a good idea » She whispered and Joohyun scoffed.

« I told you the same about me and yet here we are » She pointed out, making Seulgi snort.

« Beaten at my own game, uh? »

« Two can play this game » Joohyun raised a playful eyebrow. Seulgi smiled before sighing.