Chapter 3: I Can't Do This

The following morning around nine I groaned when I kept hearing a weird noise. I lifted my head to find my phone vibrating on my wooden bedside table. I reluctantly answered it, forgetting to check the number as I instantly sunk my head back into my pillow.

"Hello," I groggily asked, sounding horrible.

"Hey, Willow?"

I jerked awake when I recognized the voice, my heart pounding as I sat up straighter as though he could see me. "Leo?"

"Hey, good morning," he lightly chuckled.

"Good morning. Oh goodness, why are you calling so early? I usually don't get up until noon."

"I wanted to know if you would like to have lunch with me."

"Of course. I mean, I have to get ready first. How soon will you be here?"

"Is one o'clock alright? That way by the time we get to the restaurant we can beat the lunch rush."

"Yeah, that's plenty of time." I touched my forehead as I brushed my bangs off it, my eyes still feeling drowsy as I continuously blinked them.

"You can sleep more if you like. I'm sorry that I woke you up."

"No, it's my fault. I'm always staying up super late at night. You can call anytime, even in the middle of the night if you want." Could you SOUND anymore eager? Somehow Chandler Bing's sarcastic voice had popped into my head from Friends.

His soft chuckles made the heat rise to my cheeks. "I'll see you at one, Willow."

"Okay, I'll see you then too," I replied in a daze, tapping the 'end' button before getting up. I was too anxious to rest now. I figured he had a fancy place in mind again, so I was better prepared. I decided on a little black dress, which enhanced the cleavage I pretended to have. I went ahead and just took a quick shower, straightening my hair once it dried and adding anti-frizz spray with moroccan oil. I chanced pulling out a pair of black wedges I had never worn, since I usually stuck to flat shoes. I was wobbly as I stood in them, but I was determined to make them work, freaking out when one o'clock rolled around faster than I expected.

"Hey, you look beautiful," Leo instantly greeted after I swung my apartment door open.

"Thanks. I like your suit and tie," I awkwardly reacted, him smiling politely as he adjusted his grey jacket with a white and navy blue striped tie.

"Thank you." I caught him stealing a glance at my enhanced chest, just pretending I hadn't noticed when internally I was jumping up and down.

Soon we were at yet another expensive dining area, me wincing when I touched the fork. "Wow, that's cold."

"It's a chilled fork, since it's a fancy restaurant," he nicely explained.

"Right. So, what are you ordering?"

"Willow, you can just order whatever's on the menu. I really don't mind," he softly chuckled, his ocean eyes shining as I blushed.

"Okay, would it be crazy if I got the ratatouille with a side of mashed potatoes?"

"No." He seemed amused by all of my questions, me tucking my hair behind my ear due to nerves.

"I'm probably driving you crazy. I guess this just feels more like a date. I mean, is it?"

"Let's just say it's two new friends going out for lunch together." He pressed his lips together as he looked down before handing our waiter the menus.

I barely nodded before we were placing our orders, red wine served to us once again. I kept sipping mine as I couldn't understand how I felt yesterday had never happened. It was as though Leo and I were starting from square one again. I was being insecure and annoying, and obviously he felt the same if he didn't want to call this an official date. Friends don't normally go out two days in a row to an overpriced restaurant. I fiddled with my fingers as I already saw this going south, chancing to look up at Leo who was nonchalantly sipping his drink and glancing around the room. I had to get his attention again, to prove I was more than just an insecure girl.

"So, what's the weather normally like here?" Yeah, that was exactly the conversation we needed.

"It's usually warm. It gets rainy in the winter months," he explained, licking his lips after setting his glass down.

"How's your environmental work going?" I felt joy when his eyes lit up like a kid on Christmas eve, going into detail about his organization. Watching him speak so passionately was the most attractive thing I had seen in my life, hardly able to believe one question was saving this disaster.

Somehow we lost track of time and were at our table for hours, a light breeze hitting us as we stepped into the cooler atmosphere. I was speechless when Leo drove me up to his house, trying not to drop my jaw at how gorgeous it was. It was difficult to keep my cool as he led me to the front door before stepping into the impressive mansion.

"Wow...," I breathed, hugging myself as his shoes clacked against the shiny, hard, cream floor. I prevented myself from licking my lips when I remembered they were painted red.

"Would you like a tour," Leo offered.

"Yes, please," I responded as I kept gazing at the structure.

It was insane how he even had one of those refrigerators where you could see all of the items inside without opening the door. I had never been in a home with all the latest technology, my parents' house still modeled after the 90s. When we got up to his bedroom I felt myself becoming nervous again, catching Leo staring at me through the mirror on his dresser. I met his gaze as I felt like a deer in headlights, terrified to move first. He strode up to me as his big, warm hand touched the spot near my shoulder and neck.

"Did you have a good time today," he whispered, his hot breath fanning my ear.

I slowly nodded as I bit my lower lip, no longer caring if I messed up my makeup. His hand ran down my shoulder, accidentally taking the strap of my dress down with it. He went back to fix it, causing me to almost smile at how much of a gentleman he was. "I had a very good time."

"I know we're still getting to know each other, but I find you very attractive, Willow." His husky voice was so sexy that I felt I could faint.

"Is that why you asked me out again today?"

"Yes. I wanted to see if the sparks were really there." His palm rested on the dip of my waist as my legs felt weak. I kicked my wedges off since they were killing my feet, raising my line of sight to meet with his, since I had turned around. I took his wrist to place his hand over one of my breasts, secretly just wanting to reenact the Titanic scene. I swear he could feel my heart beating as he gradually leaned in to kiss me deeply. I melted when his hands cupped my face, never experiencing such an addictive lip lock. He pulled me against him as his tongue traced my lower lip, teasing me by not letting me catch it. I sighed softly as I felt his smirk and how he was leading us over to the bed. That's when reality set in and I panicked, it not an accident this time as he pushed the straps of my dress down. I placed my hands against his chest to push him away, him hovering over me as I caught my breath.

"Leo, I really like you, and goodness knows, I've dreamed about being in this position with you more than I want to mention, but I can't do this."

"Why not?" His voice was soothing and understanding as he pushed my bangs from my forehead.

"I'm... I'm a virgin and besides that, I don't want to mess things up with you. You've been my fantasy for so long. I don't want to break the spell."

"Willow, I don't care that you're a virgin, but I think you're making a mistake if you don't give this a chance, us, I mean. I think we really have something here. I wouldn't have invited you to my house if I didn't."

"I'm sorry if I initiated all of this. I was kind of caught up in Titanic daydreams. What can I say? I still see you as Jack Dawson and every other character you've played. It's kind of hard not to with how reserved you are. I guess, I've never felt like I know you, not like with other celebrities."

"I'm glad you don't know me. That way we can get to know each other without reputations getting in the way."

"I guess that's true," I faintly smiled, him getting off me as we sat next to one another. "I'm sorry if I disappointed you."

"No, you didn't." Even though his smile was small it was genuine, and I found myself mirroring it.

A/N: Hey guys, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Please remember to comment, vote, and follow. Thank you so much! <3