Chapter 4: Hopeless Romantic

I had never felt such disappointment when I discovered photos of Leo having parties with models that week. It made me question if he had been lying about everything being fine before. Granted, we weren't officially a couple or very serious at all, but he had almost slept with me. I just felt confused as I flipped through channels, not able to be bored with how stressed I was. I went ahead and turned off the television, focusing on finishing the rough draft for my new song. I had finally found a record company that signed me instead of posting demos on the internet. They required me to do at least one album with them to see how well it did, and then we could talk about a more permanent arrangement. I blew my bangs off my forehead as I scribbled musical notes after each guitar string I plucked. I heard my phone buzzing as I reluctantly checked it, since I couldn't think of who would be contacting me except for my parents.

"Hello," I asked after hesitantly accepted the call.

"Hey, Willow?"

"Hi, Leo." I didn't mean to sound so solemn, but he had hurt my feelings.

"Would you like to have dinner tonight?"

"Why? One of your models can't go?" My voice came out bitter as I studied the bluish-grey carpet.

"What? What do you mean?"

"I saw the news. You said you wanted to take a chance on us, and I know we weren't anything remotely serious, but I also didn't expect you to be with a million other girls in a week." In reality I think what stung the most was sculpting this perfect image of him, only to have it demolished.

"It wasn't what it looked like. Yes, I had a few wild parties, but I didn't sleep with any of the girls. Normally I take one home, but I didn't because I couldn't get you out of my fucking head. I wasn't even sure how I felt about you."

"But you said-"

"I know." He released a sigh before speaking again. "This is new for me, Willow, being into a girl who's solely a fan. Usually I'm with people that are already in the spotlight. I didn't mean to leave you hanging, okay?"

"I'm more than just a fan of yours. I have a music career I'm working on. I even got signed for one album, which I'm working on right now."

"Should I be worried?"

"Why?"

"Are you going to write a song about me?"

"I already have, but it's not mean, trust me. It was before you made me upset."

"Willow, I really am sorry. Please forgive me for being a jerk?"

"It wasn't your fault. I just expected this thing to instantly be like a fairytale. I'm the one with my head in the clouds. I know the odds of us seeing each other ever again."

"Do you? Because I really would like to have dinner with you again."

"Okay, I'll try not to read into our date too much this time. I guess I'm just a hopeless romantic."

"Why do you think I've never settled down? I'm a hopeless romantic too. It might look like wild parties and living it up large on the news, and I'm not going to lie it is." He lightly chuckled before continuing, "But I've also never met anyone I wanted to stay with for forever. The only girl I felt that way for couldn't handle my fame. I was always so excited to see her after work, and she just couldn't do it, and that was around when I was on Titanic."

"Why are you telling me this? It's so personal. I just didn't think you usually told people things like that."

"I don't. I trust you, Willow, and I would like to see you again. Please?"