Chapter 12: Living a Lie

I smiled faintly when I felt warm lips leaving soft kisses down my bare back. I opened my eyes as I turned my head, finding Leo right beside me in his bed.

"Good morning, birthday girl," he whispered, since it was now January 14th three years later.

"Good morning," I echoed, twisting before sitting up with the sheets pulled over my chest. I ran my fingers through my hair before they got stuck near the bottom. He chuckled lowly as our red Christmas lights were still glowing above the headboard on the wall. We had forgotten to turn them off last night after making love. It was hard to comprehend that we had done that multiple times now since the first. "Are you sure you want to be with an old 28 year old?" I faked a smile since I was only partially joking.

"I don't think you look a day over 24."

I giggled softly as I shook my head, scooting to the edge to find my discarded pajamas on the floor. I managed to get them on before heading over to the closet in my room. I decided on wearing a lovely, pale pink dress that had a modest v-neck. I then threw my hair up into a ponytail before walking back over to Leo's room. I was confused when he was missing, figuring he must have gotten an early start on breakfast. I almost jumped out of my skin when I was greeted by a bunch of people on the first floor yelling, "Surprise!"

"Happy Birthday, Willow," Kate addressed me first, coming over to give me a hug.

"Thank you," I beamed, grateful I at least put on some tinted BB cream.

"Yeah, happy birthday, Willow. Leo couldn't have found a better girl," Tobey added, raising his glass already filled with white wine.

When I felt a tap on my shoulder I instantly knew who it was, flinging my arms around a chuckling Leo. "You remembered that I never had a surprise birthday party," I whispered near his ear, since he had bent over.

"Of course. I wasn't going to forget that."

"So, are there presents?"

"What would a birthday be without presents," he lightly chuckled.

"Did you get me what I asked for?"

"Yeah, I did." He had a mischievous smile he was trying to hide though by biting his lip. We headed into the living room as I saw all of the gifts laid out on the glass coffee table.

"Open mine first. I'm sorry, normally I don't butt in like that, but I'm so excited for you to see it," Kate told me, tucking her blonde hair behind her ear. I carefully picked up the pink bag after getting settled on the couch. "It's a Wet brush. The number one brush in multiple countries. I know you've been saying how you would like a new one, and I was certain you would like the colors. They're a bit like the night sky being dark purple and all."

"It's amazing, Kate. Thank you." I gave her a one arm hug before finding another present.

"That one's from me," Tobey spoke up, raising his drink for a brief moment.

"Reese Cups. You remembered they were my favorite. Thank you." I gave him a short hug before continuing.

"It's so nice buying gifts for someone who appreciates them. I could never please Leo's other girlfriends," Kate said only loud enough for me to hear.

"I don't know. I am a little more high maintenance. I mean, I'm pretty used to the rich life now."

"You don't act like it."

"I thought you might like that shawl for those cool nights when you go to Leo's movie premieres," Leo's mom explained when I uncovered the silky, light blue and grey shawl she got me.