Chapter 5: No Shoes

Leo had his hand on the small of my back as I glided up to the mansion, decked out in a long, violet dress with subtle sparkles. I tucked my hair behind my ears before Tobey answered the door, instantly smiling at us. He had a wine glass resting on his palm as I got a glimpse of the various, rich guests inside.

"Hey, I'm glad you could make it. I just got the refreshments served. The catering service had a malfunction with their oven, so they were a few minutes late," Tobey explained as we stepped over the threshold. I couldn't help but just stare at this stunning interior, the staircase with wrought iron railing in a spiral catching my eye.

"That's okay. We ate before we came here," Leo replied as I touched the wooden banister.

"Hello, you must be Willow. Leo and I haven't had a chance to talk recently with me being in London and all, but it's nice to meet you." I was awestruck as Kate Winslet shook my hand, her short blonde hair parted to the side.

"Hi..." I felt so speechless at another one of my favorite celebrities before me.

"You don't need to be shy around me. I don't bite, I promise. Leo," she happily greeted before giving him a one arm hug, careful not to spill her drink. "How are you?" She touched his cheek as I felt a slight pang of jealousy. I knew their relationship had always been strictly platonic, but I kept picturing them in their movies together, especially the more recent one, Revolutionary Road.

"I'm good," he softly chuckled as she finally put some distance between them.

"I just met Willow. She's quite a lovely girl. I see why you fancy her."

I was shocked to find Leo's cheeks turning rosy as he rubbed his nose briefly. "Yeah, we've only been going out for about a week, but it's been nice."

"You should try the vegan crab cakes. They're so good." She already was consuming one as Leo mirrored her actions. I hesitated to try one, since I had never been a big fan of seafood. I knew it wasn't real meat, but I figured it might taste similar.

"You want one, Willow," Leo offered, holding out the silver platter from the long table.

"I don't think so..." I looked off to the side as I felt out of place, despite how friendly Kate was.

I drifted to the staircase once again, since it wasn't occupied, taking a few steps up as I gazed at the shiny, white with grey swirls marble ground.

"You okay," Leo gently asked, touching my shoulder as I shook my head.

"I just feel so out of place here. Kate's great, but I'm not used to such a fancy place. The snacks are so expensive and this dress it itchy, and... my feet hurt too."

"Then take your shoes off," he softly suggested.

"I can't walk around barefoot."

"Why not? Tobey and I do that here all the time. This isn't as formal as you think. It's just a party friends dressed up for. Most of the people here are just as down to earth as Kate and me, so please, give them a chance. I know it's all perspective on if someone has a normal life, but I would say as far as celebrities go Tobey does."

"Leo, I hate to say this, but nothing about your guys's life is normal. You live in fancy mansions, and you in particular party with models half your age. I hope I'm not being out of line by saying all of this, but it's true."

"I'm not going to deny that." He pressed his lips together as I could tell he was a bit upset.

"I thought I could easily fit into your life, but I can't. I grew up below middle class. I mean, we weren't poor. We had everything we needed and more, but we stayed in regular hotels on discounts, and sometimes had to cut back on spending when we got work on the house done."

"Willow, with all you know about me, I'm surprised you don't remember that I grew up very poor. My parents barely had enough income to put food on the table. I know what it's like. To me, it sounds like you had it better than me."

"I'm sorry, now I feel bad. I just... I guess I forget with how lavish your life is now. I don't get why I'm always telling you all the wrong things. Normally I can barely open up to people, and here I am just being blunt and rude with you." Tears coated my eyes as he pulled me close, soothingly rubbing my bare back from the low dip of the fabric.

"Sh... you're okay, Willow. I'm not mad at you, okay? You have every right to feel how you do. If you want to leave this party then we can."

"No, I don't want to leave. I just think I need to be alone for a little while. I recharge by being by myself. It's part of being an introvert." I sniffled before forcing a weak smile, him gingerly grasping my hand to lead me up to the second floor. "Is this Tobey's room," I softly asked, since it reminded me of the star for some reason.

"Yeah, I don't think he'll mind if you use it." He took me over to the king sized bed, removing my silver heels after I sat on the end of it. I smiled down at him just as he lifted his ocean eyes. I felt an ache in my chest when Leo headed for the door straight after.

"Wait! Do you think, you could, uh, recharge with me?"

He chuckled softly before joining me, his hand resting respectfully on my thigh as my face caught fire.

"I know it's stupid, but I got kind of jealous seeing you with Kate. You two just have such great chemistry together."

"It's all acting, Willow. The only real chemistry we have is friendship." He was rubbing my thigh slightly now as I blushed again. I couldn't resist as I wrapped my arms around his neck, staring into his sea of blue as I silently begged for him to kiss me. When his soft lips pressed against mine, I let out a breath of air, since his hand was now rubbing my side, occasionally going over my hip.

"I love kissing you," I breathed without thinking.

He kissed me harder in response as his tongue licked my lower one. I allowed him inside as we kept making out, my heart rate accelerating when he pulled me against his chest. When I parted to talk to him, his lips continued going, sliding down my neck in smaller kisses.

"Leo?" He lifted his head as I found his hand to intertwine with mine. "You're amazing, you know that?"

The corners of his mouth twitched upwards as he thanked me with a tender kiss.

"I think I'm ready to head back to the party now."

"Are you sure," he groaned, resting his head against my neck as I giggled quietly.

"Why? Are you turned on, DiCaprio," I teased.

He shook his head before puzzling me when he took off his shoes. Now he was only in his socks, putting them by the closet along with my footwear.

"What are you doing," I wondered.

"If you're not wearing shoes, then I won't either."

I knew he was only doing it for my benefit so I wouldn't feel awkward, and it gave me such a warm feeling. When we arrived back at the event, Kate found us right away.

"I like your idea much better. I think I'm going to take off my heels too," she commented, joining us in our little club. Eventually Tobey had done the same and everyone was either barefoot or in socks.

"I don't want to even think about the number of footprints on my floor after this," Tobey remarked, taking a sip of his red wine.

I stifled a giggle by busying myself with my white wine, ending up having a nice evening after all.

A/N: Hey guys, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Please remember to comment, vote, and follow. Thank you so much! <3