Chapter 9: Do You Love Me?

I adjusted my dark green, velvet, knee length dress as I prepared to welcome the guests to our Christmas party. Of course Kate was there early per usual, rearranging dishes in the kitchen, so that the dessert was separated by the non-sweet snacks.

"I love your cheese plate," she complimented.

"Thanks. Honestly Leo just ordered it in from somewhere," I confessed.

"I figured, but it still looks amazing. Have you figured out who his mystery guests will be?"

"I have no clue."

"Good, because I know how much he wanted this to be a surprise."

Eventually the house was crowded with people, and Leo gently caressed my shoulder to tear me away from conversing with Tobey and Kate.

I completely froze when I saw the person he was leading me to, already tucking my curled hair behind my ears and putting on my best smile.

"Willow, this is Courteney Cox. Courteney, Willow," Leo introduced.

"Oh my goodness, I just met Jennifer Aniston not that long ago, and now you? It's so surreal. Friends is one of my favorite shows of all time."

"Well, I'm glad you like it so well," she nicely smiled as she held her drink.

"I should have known by the clue Leo gave me. It was referencing your famous line on the show, 'I know!'"

She laughed quietly before the corners of her mouth curved upwards again. "Yeah, it was great to work with the cast during that time. We just all clicked really well."

"I could tell. I loved you on the 80s show, Family Ties too. That's actually where I saw you first."

"Thanks. Yeah, it was nice having the role on that show too. It was quite a ride being the girlfriend of Alex P. Keaton on there."

I laughed quietly, almost screaming when Neil Patrick Harris tapped my shoulder. "Okay, I really love this." I wrapped my arms around him for a hug, his tall frame towering over mine. "A doctor and a player, that's what Leo said, which he must of meant your big television show roles. Doogie Howser, M.D. and How I Met Your Mother, which I love both of them."

"Thanks," he politely smiled, taking a swig of his drink as we talked for awhile. I felt flushed as I took a break in my bedroom, the celebration still going for another hour.

"Hey," Leo greeted after lightly hitting his knuckles on my door.

"Hey," I echoed.

"You enjoying the party? I haven't really seen you all night."

"Yeah, it's been the best. Thank you for inviting two of my favorite actors." I reached up to hug him around the neck, him picking me up, so that I was straddling his waist on the mattress.

"Are there any others you would like to meet?" He was rubbing up and down my arm as I shook my head.

"No, you've been too good to me already. I would have been happy with just meeting Jason Bateman," I teased, him playfully rolling his eyes before pulling my face in for a tender kiss. "Leo?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you love me?" He tensed up, ceasing his movements as he secured his lower lip between his teeth before releasing it.

"Of course I care about you."

"That's not what I asked. I'm just confused, since I've said it to you, but you've never said it back."

He looked down as he went back to briefly biting his bottom lip again.

"Leo?" His silence was scaring me, along with how much his grip had loosened on my middle.

"What do you want me to say?" He finally raised his blue orbs as he squinted them.

"That you love me back," I whispered, my heart hammering in my chest.

"I can't say that, Willow."

"But... I just figured... I don't get it."

"I didn't want to say it, because I didn't want to hurt your feelings, but I'm not in love with you yet. I'm just not. I don't fall in love easily. I've never been the type of person to stay with someone that long. I just... maybe I'm too picky. I don't know."

"Is it because I'm not a model? That I'm only a singer?"

"For fuck's sakes, Willow, it has nothing to do with what profession you have." He was now no longer holding me as he became angry.

"I'm sorry, it's just you've always dated models."

"Yeah, says the media, but I thought what we had was between us. I thought you didn't have to look into that bullshit."

"Why are you getting so angry?" My voice was small as I felt wounded.

He took a deep breath as his fingers curled around my hips. "Because I didn't want to hurt your feelings, Willow. I know that you're in love with me. And I enjoy your company, so I invited you to move in with me."

"Are you... attracted to me?"

"Of course I'm attracted to you, but I'm respecting your decision to wait until we do anything physical. I respect you, Willow. That's why I set up this room for you."

"I guess it's just hard hearing the person you've admired for years say that they don't love you." I cast my gaze downward as he wiped below my eye, since he thought I was crying.

"Hey, don't do that. I think I am falling for you, Willow. I wouldn't have invited you to move in with me if I didn't see a future. You are intriguing and beautiful and gorgeous inside and out."

"You'll let me know when you love me, right?"

He almost chuckled as he gave me a special, subtle smile. "Yes, Willow, you'll be the first to know when I'm in love with you."

"You still want to make out with me?"

"When have I ever turned that offer down?" He chuckled quietly that time before our lips met, me threading my fingers through his hair pushed off his forehead. I noticed how his tongue seemed to caress mine as we french kissed, his hands rubbing my back soothingly. My grip tightened on his shoulders as I wrapped my legs more securely around him. He soon broke for air as he caught his breath, turning his head to the side.

"Do you love me yet," I playfully asked.

"I don't know. Can you kiss me again?" He played along as we ended up kissing more passionate than before, his hands sliding down to my bottom before he stopped them.

"Sorry," he whispered against my lips, chills shooting down my spine.

"It's okay," I replied just as softly, us just gazing into each other's different colored blue eyes for awhile.

A/N: Hey guys, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Please remember to comment, vote, and follow. Thank you so much! <3