Chapter 7: Birthday Boy

"I think I should wear this tonight," I joked as I spun around in Leo's old, yellow sweater. He chuckled softly as he removed his shirt. I couldn't help but stare, chewing on my lower lip as I took in his bare chest all the way down to his belly. "What are you wearing?" I found my voice as he slipped on a black sweater.

"This," he softly chuckled, going over to adjust his hair with gel in the dresser mirror. "You know, you can wear my sweater if you want."

"Really? What if I spill food on it or something? I usually only wear it when we're cuddling in bed or hanging out here."

"It's okay, Willow. I can just get it professionally cleaned if something happens. It's no big deal," he shrugged.

"I know you just got your hair all perfect, but I like it all messed up better."

"You can mess it up later," he half smirked, pecking my lips before pulling out a belt to loop through his jeans.

"I can't believe we've been dating for months now. I wanted to be the first to say it, happy birthday."

"Tobey already beat you to it," he faintly smirked, me playfully rolling my eyes.

"Figures. Is Kate coming to your party tonight?"

"Of course. I also have a surprise for you."

"It's not my birthday." I frowned as he sat on the edge of the bed to put on his shoes.

"I know, but we have been together for at least three months now. I wanted to do something special for you, especially since we met after your birthday this year."

I draped my arm over his shoulders as I sat beside him, kissing his lips tenderly as he cupped my face in his warm hands. I ended up climbing on him as I straddled his waist, swapping tongue as I pressed on his shoulders. I broke apart abruptly with my heart racing when I heard the doorbell. Leo was gingerly rubbing my waist as I met my light blue eyes with his. "Do you have to go get that?"

"Yeah, it's probably Kate. I told her that I hired people to set everything up, but she insisted on coming over early to help." He was smiling fondly as I carefully got my feet on the carpet before we ventured down the stairwell.

"Hello. How are you both," Kate instantly asked after he opened the front door. This time she gave both of us a one armed hug. "Are you sure you don't need any help with dip or anything? I whipped up a spinach artichoke vegan dish just in case."

"Kate, it's fine," he lightly chuckled.

"No, it's not. It's your birthday, Leo! You shouldn't have to worry about hosting the party for it. I should have thrown you one. It's just I'm having my house remodeled, and it's taken more than a week..."

Leo and I trailed behind her as she placed her special food on one of the tables set up by the pool.

"At least tell me you didn't go ahead and order a cake. I had one specially designed that's set to be delivered in a few minutes." She glanced at the watch on her wrist as Leo gazed at her amused.

"I didn't forget. You acted like you were going to kill me if I got my own cake."

"You need to have at least one birthday surprise. Honestly, the whole point of a birthday is to relax, and-" She was cut off by the doorbell in the distance, rushing straight back into the house. The sun was just setting as the red color washed over Leo's face perfectly. I gazed at him lovingly just as Kate showed up again.

"I found another one of your early guests," she spoke up, bringing Tobey in tow.

"Hey," he simply greeted, giving Leo a bro-hug before finding a spot for his present. Eventually the place was getting a bit crowded, and I was freaking out when Jennifer Aniston showed up.