Chapter 2 - Turtle Rabbit

Jisoo was walking as she held her history book in her hand.

It’s her favorite one..

She doesn’t know why but she has always been interested in history..

Others have always found it boring.. ever since in elementary, she was the only one who liked history..

She finds it amusing to learn about what happened in the past and it’s incredible that what is happening in this very moment will be what the future students will be studying in the future..

That made sense, right?

Anyway.. it’s always been her favorite subject..

She was even reading it just a moment ago.. she reads it as if it were a novel.. she always has it with her..

She stopped walking to look at that history book she was holding.

She sighed.

She and Jhope used to love reading it together when they were kids.

She got reminded of him again..

How could that guy.. leave without saying anything to her?

It’s been over a month since he took away all of her savings..

A month since her life went crazy.. a month since she almost lost something important to her because of her desperation..

Where did that punk go? She’s going to cut his arms and feet as soon as she sees him!

She took a deep breath.

She shouldn’t think of that guy anymore.. he’s stressing her a lot.. and she cannot afford to be stressed.. not on her first day of senior year..

Yes.. senior year..

She doesn’t know how but.. she made it..

Well.. she had to work 20 hours a day for a month just to have the money she needed..

And although she only paid half of her tuition fees..

Still.. she made it..

This is the last year of suffering and she’ll be a teacher soon!

That’s right.. her long time dream is to become a teacher.. a history teacher..

Her mom would be so proud of her if only she could see her right now.. if only she could wake up..

Her mom.. unfortunately.. has been in coma for 10 long years.. all the money she works hard for.. goes to the hospital..

And all the savings she had which her only friend took away.. were meant for her mom.. in case something bad happened to her..

Jisoo held her books tighter on her chest.

Why is she being so sentimental this early in the morning?