Chapter 4 - A Favor

Jisoo held her hands together as she sat on the couch.

Why does she feel like she did something wrong when she knows she didn't?

Why did he have to come back early from dinner?

It was going all well until he arrived!

And why did she have to fall out of balance and land on him?

And.. she even sneezed loudly making him laugh!

"Have this.." said Taehyung putting a cup of hot coffee on the table. "You drink coffee, don't you?"

Jisoo bowed her head in gratitude.

Of course she loves coffee.. but.. she's too nervous right now that she doesn't think she can drink even a sip of it..

What should she tell him? And.. why did he not just let her go immediately?

Maybe he's thinking that she hid this from him and she has other intentions?

Oh no.. he must have misunderstood her!

"You know.. I.. I think.. you.. kinda.. misunderstood.. I didn't know that the part time job the landlady was telling me was your-.."

"I know.." said Taehyung making her stop.

Jisoo's brows furrowed.

"You.. know?" she asked softly.

Taehyung nodded.

"I met the landlady before coming into my apartment.. she told me that.. the student living in the attic is cleaning my apartment.."

Jisoo pouted.

"Then.. why did you look surprised to see me inside?"

"I just.. didn't expect to see you on top of my desk.. and.. you were falling down so I.. was kinda surprised as well.." said Taehyung looking at her quickly. "I'm sorry.. I must have startled you.. I should have knocked at least.."

"Why would you knock on your own house?" said Jisoo to herself as she continued pouting her lips.

Taehyung noticed she hasn't taken a sip of the coffee.

"Your coffee is getting cold.." he said scratching the back of his head.

Jisoo quickly grabbed the cup and gulped some.

But it wasn't cold at all!

It was boiling!

She stuck her tongue out as she fanned herself.

Taehyung was flustered.

"Careful.. why did you drink it-..?"

Jisoo glared at him.

"You told me to drink it because it was getting cold!" she said raising her tone. "How could you-..?"

Then she realized she was in no position to scold him..

First, he offered her that cup of coffee..

Second, she worked for him just now so he is supposed to be her employer..

Third, he is her history professor!

"Sorry.." she said in a small voice as her cheeks turned red from embarrassment.

Taehyung went silent making Jisoo nervous.

He didn't get mad at her for raising her voice, did he?

Then a laugh came out of Taehyung's mouth.

Jisoo blinked a few times.

Did he just laugh at her again? Was she funny to him?