Chapter 16 - One after another

*10 years ago*

“Where are we going?” asked Jhope as he followed Jisoo who was walking fast. “Why are you in such hurry?”

Then Jisoo stopped.

He looked around them and realized she brought him to a chapel.

“What are we doing here? What happened? Have you changed religion?” he asked as he went to the front facing her.

And that’s when he saw she was crying.

“Why? I didn’t do anything to you Jisoo.. why are you crying? Your dad will kill me if you-..”

Jisoo wiped her tears as she walked inside the chapel.

Two days have passed since the accident happened.

Two tormenting days passed by and she hasn’t slept at all..

Her parents told her it wasn’t her fault.. that it was supposed to happen anyway even if she hadn’t been on the road that afternoon..

But everytime she closes her eyes, she can see the woman’s face.. she seemed to be asking for her help.. which unfortunately she couldn’t give..

She had gone to the hospital to ask information about them and she was told that a funeral was being held in a chapel nearby..

She thought she needed to pay respect at least..

“Jisoo.. what is it? What are we doing here inside?” asked Jhope to her whispering.

He has never entered a chapel before.. and it feels spooky to enter one when a funeral is being held!

He turned to Jisoo who was still crying silently.

What the heck has happened to her? Does she even know who died?

She has always been weird but she has never been this weird!

“Can you at least tell me what we are doing here Jisoo? It feels awkward because I don’t know anyone here..” he said in a low voice as his eyes looked at the people around them.

They don’t seem to be people he or Jisoo would know.. and if their parents knew about them then they would have come..

Just whose funeral is this?

He was still curiously looking around when an old lady came to them and offered some drinks and food.

“Thank you ahjumma..” said Jhope as he grabbed two of each for him and Jisoo.

He turned to Jisoo.

“Look here.. we got some free food.. do you want to eat it now?” he asked smiling a little.

But Jisoo didn’t answer him.

He noticed she was looking at something to the front.

No.. she was staring at it..

He followed her gaze..

It was a boy..

A boy who had bruises all over his face.. he was also wearing a bandage around his arm..

And that boy.. was staring at something in front of him..

It was a picture of a woman and a man..

Jhope stood up to see the picture better.

They must be the deceased..

There were two of them..