7

"I know Xavier said his people were rich, but this is ridiculous

"I know Xavier said his people were rich, but this is ridiculous." Sonni shook her head as she gawked at the West's residence.

After the conversation she and West had yesterday, she decided to take the day off and visit his grandparents. She said fuck the protocol and gave him her phone, so he could call them. He explained everything, finally telling them the truth. His grandma cried for the duration of the phone call, praying and shouting. She knew deep down inside, that her grandson was innocent. They talked on the phone about the case for hours until Sonni's phone eventually went dead.

She didn't want to take off today, but she knew she needed to get West out of prison as soon as possible; after about an hour of driving, she had arrived. Killing the engine of her brother's olive green Range Rover Sport, she grabbed her book bag and stepped out of the truck. Hitting the key fob, she pulled her jeans up and pulled her coat on.

Sonni blew out a deep breath before allowing her feet to take her to the front door. As she approached the door, she rung the doorbell and stepped back, observing her surroundings. She was pulled from her thoughts upon hearing her name being called.

"Sonni, is it? Come on in, baby."

Sonni smiled as she crossed the threshold of the Mediterranean-style villa, nodding to Xaiver's grandmother. She noticed the shoe rack in the corner and took the liberty of removing her Black Cat 4s from her feet.

Gladys, Xavier's grandma, nodded her head smirking at the simple gesture of respect.

"Who is that at the door, woman?!"

Looking up, Sonni heard a deep man's voice, realizing that it was Will. She let out a laugh, seeing Gladys roll her eyes.

"Will, quit all that hollering now! Come on, baby, follow me. Do you want anything to drink or eat?"

Sonni shook her head and followed behind her. "No ma'am, I'm fine. Thank you."

"Ooou! Where did this beautiful young thang come from?"

Gladys smacked Will in the chest, and Sonni covered her mouth to conceal her laughter because he looked so shocked upon being smacked.

"Will, don't make me fuck you up! This is Sonni from yesterday's phone call with Zai. Keep on and watch what I do to you. Have a seat, baby. I know you said you didn't want anything, but I baked a cake and you're getting the first slice. Do you like red velvet and vanilla ice cream?"

Giving her a big smile, Sonni nodded her head. "Yes ma'am, it's actually my favorite."

"Oo, you're a respectful little thang, I like you. Go ahead and get situated, baby. I'll be right back and Will, you better not be out here harassing her either or I'm telling Zai." Gladys shook her finger in his face before walking away.

Sonni laughed as he mumbled something under his breath. While Mrs. West was in the kitchen, Sonni took her time looking around the living room. She was a very observant person and couldn't help it. Her eyes landed on a picture of a young Xavier who was bitting down on a first place medal while squatting on top of his dirt bike dressed in a green and white suit, along with a pair of green and white goggles that were turned to the left on his head.