16

"Please don't forget to check your emails! The final schedule that will be followed for the debate presentations has been complied and sent

"Please don't forget to check your emails! The final schedule that will be followed for the debate presentations has been complied and sent. Debate questions and the grading rubric can be found on Camvas under the "debate" module. The debate module also includes tips for presenting and a video that also provides tips on how to present a good debate. I am aware that some students might have the same question and may decide to work together, but please note that if two or more presentations sound the same or very similar, then a zero could possibly be issued for the presenters. Thus, it is your job to ensure that your presentation is vastly different from that of another person."

As I listened to my professor talk about our upcoming debate and other things, I made some notes in my notebook. We were given our questions and outlines last month, and me being me, my response is complete. I just have to edit it and go over it.

"The floor is now open for questions. If you don't have any, you may go. Enjoy your weekend and please don't forget that your chapter test is Monday!"

I closed my Macbook and slid all my materials into my coach tote before standing up from my seat. I slipped on my pink Moncler jacket and adjusted my gray DKNY hood before picking up my bag. Before walking out of the classroom, I made sure I had my phone and keys in hand. Today is Thursday, and I'm just leaving my last class of the week. My classes are spaced out because I made my class schedule based on my work schedule when I worked at the prison. I have one on Mondays, one on Wednesdays, and two every Thursday. Tuesdays and Fridays are considered my homework and study days.

Ever since I quit working, I have had a whole lot of time on my hands, and I mean a whole lot. I pushed the building's door open and stepped out, shivering at the cold wind.

Ever since we got hit with that little snow storm a week ago, the weather has been crazy. I like the cold, but damn. My pink Neumel Uggs hit the concrete with every step I took as I jogged to Xavier's white Range Rover Sport. My jeep was in the shop because somebody hit me while I was parking. Talk about pissed! My baby didn't want me without a ride, so he had his other truck delivered to my loft.

I hit the keyfob starting the engine and climbed in—setting my purse in the passenger seat.

I looked at the time and knew he was meeting with his family's realtor. He was in the process of looking for a building for his new project.

We were up talking one night, and he expressed how he hated that his brother's sickness went untreated for so long, so he wants to open up a mental health facility for African American kids starting at the age of five to eighteen. Of course, being the supportive girlfriend I am, I encouraged him to go through with his plan. Outside of helping them with their mental health, it's also going to serve as a safe heaven for them where they can express themselves.

I think I'm more excited than he is.

Since he was busy, I decided to pop up on Savion with lunch at his office. My Bubba is ranked the No. 1 dentist for having the best practice and because of his skills. When it came to teeth, you couldn't tell my brother anything because he already knew everything. He wasn't your average dentist, though; he was a surgical dentist. Boy made big bank.