28

"Xavier! I'm going to beat your ass! Why did you buy him a motorcycle?!" I laughed and shielded my face as Sonni threw hits at me

"Xavier! I'm going to beat your ass! Why did you buy him a motorcycle?!" I laughed and shielded my face as Sonni threw hits at me. She smacked my chest before walking away.

It was Christmas morning, of course, and one of Jayden's gifts was a motorcycle, which I gave him. In the many sketchbooks he has laying around, it's nothing but sketches and doodles of motorcycles and him on them. I wouldn't be a father if I hadn't gotten what he wanted. Of course, I didn't tell my wife, because why would I? So she could've talked me out of it? Nope.

"I don't see anything funny Sincere." She smacked me one last time and rolled her eyes before walking back into the house.

"Dada trouble." Emerie bad ass pointed at me and I snatched her little ass up, heading into the house leaving Jayden to look at his bike with Sav.

"Sunflower! You really mad at me?" I asked her as I approached the living room. I tossed Emmie's little ass onto the couch, making her giggle.

Sonni looked at me with a mug on her face, and I couldn't do anything but shake my head and laugh.

"No and yes. He's only 18 years old, baby, and you done bought him one of the most dangerous automobiles ever. I understand why you did it, but dang, you could've started him off with a dirt bike or some."

I watched as she threw her hands up and walked away from me, going into the kitchen. She was mad, but it's honestly expected. She's a mother, and her motherly instincts, along with her hormones are working against each other. Her ugly ass really just mad I bought it first, and she didn't. I took a seat on the couch, which gave Emerie an invite to crawl into my lap. She stood up and wrapped her arms around my neck, moving her body side to side. She's going to be a terrible two next year, and I'm not ready. She may not be my biological daughter, but she's my daughter and I love her.

"Alright, since Paw and Momo are up, we can finally start the gift exchange."

I looked up and saw Sonni walking into the living room with them walking behind her. She took a seat next to me on the couch, pulling her knees to her chest and laying her head on my shoulder. I shook my head. Bipolar ass wife of mine. Sav and Jayden walked through the door and started bringing the gifts from under the tree. They all had the names of who they belonged to, wrapped in yellow and silver gift wrap.

"Mama, I know you and Emani weren't the best of friends before she died, but this is for you. Uncle Sav gave me the picture when she passed, and I've been working on it since because I wanted you to have it for Christmas." I looked away from Emerie to see Jayden standing in the middle of the floor with one of his canvases. He flipped it around, making everybody gasp. It was a portrait of Sonni and Emani as kids, sitting down while the adult versions of them were at the top. It's kind of like a before and after.

"Jayden.." I watched as Sonni slowly climbed off the couch, making her way towards him.

She grabbed the canvas from his grasp, running her hand across Emani's face. Emmie started moving in my lap, so I let her down, which resulted in her walking towards Sonni, and what she did took everybody by surprise.