Ch 8

Over the next few days we manage to find me a licensed therapist that specializes with working with hybrids and my first appointment is today. Fidgeting in the car as Chan drives I looking out the window anxiously. Once we reach the small building I check in with the old receptionist who looks a little mean. Then I sit in the waiting room fidgeting and picking at my cuticles. Chan immediately grabs one of my hands and intertwines our fingers so I'll stop and I blush bright red. Soon the door opens and a large man with curly red hair enters the room a friendly smile on his face. I look him over feeling a bit better that he's American and has red hair too. Getting up I give Chan a reluctant "see you later." He just smiles at me reassuringly. "I'll be out here in the waiting room if you need me." I give a small smile then follow the man named Jason back to a small room. I take a seat in a leather brown chair that's surprisingly really comfy. Fidgeting with my hands again Jason sits down in an uncomfortable looking computer chair. He then looks at me with a smile. "Well where do you want to start?" I shrug looking down at my feet. He then speaks up cheerfully. "Well how about we talk about the guy in the waiting room? Is he your brother?" My lips twitch up into slight amusement and I peek up at him. "No. Fiancé actually." He immediately apologizes laughing at himself. "You'll have to excuse me I have very horrible gaydar." I can't help but giggle a little making his smile wider. "Well tell me about this fiancé. When did you meet?" I look down at my feet again. "About a month ago." He looks at me curiously but there's no judgment. "And how did you meet?" I fidget a little before answering honestly. "My dad sold me to his company and they arranged our marriage." It's quiet for a moment before he speaks up. "Now I really hate this general question because it's annoying and overused. But how does that make you feel?" I look thoughtful for a moment. "Well. At first I was terrified. I didn't know him and he was a complete stranger. But after living with him for awhile I don't mind it now because I see him and the others as family." He looks at me in slight confusion. "Others?" I nod. "Yeah he's a Kpop idol. We live with his group mates in a dorm." He hums before speaking up. "Oh okay. I know nothing about Kpop. I know weird since I live in South Korea but I've just never been interested in new music." I give a little nod of understanding. He then changes the subject. "So your okay with the arranged marriage? Are you and your fiancé together romantically?" I immediately blush. "No. We aren't romantically involved. I'm not even sure if he likes guys. Or me in that way for that matter." He nods. "Well do you have romantic feelings for him?" I immediately try and deflect. "We've only know each other for a month." He raises an eyebrow at me. "Time doesn't matter if you have feelings for someone." I go quiet and immediately get lost in my thoughts about that question. It's then that Jason speaks up. "I think that's it for today. When do you want to see each other again?" I pull my phone out looking through Chan's schedule before making an appointment and let Jason lead me out of the office. Once we reach the waiting room Chan immediately stands up looking worried but I give him a reassuring smile. I then look at Jason telling him goodbye and that it was nice to meet him before heading over to Chan. He looks at me curiously. "How was it?" Snapping out of my thoughts I look at him with a small smile. "It was okay. We talked about a few things." He nods. "That's good." I then space out again until we get to the dorm. Once we get inside I tell Chan that I'm going to lay down he looking at me in concern.