Chapter 2: Michael Jordan in the Making

"Yo, man! What's up?" I just got out of the car after waving at Jonathan when I heard the familiar greeting. I turned around grinning from ear to ear. "Hey there, bro! All good here! What about you?" I responded. An arm snaked around my neck and the two of us walked together. "I feel freaking amazing! I've never felt like this in years!!" Riley exclaimed. I could notice that he was unusually quite happy. It wasn't like I wasn't glad to see him like that but I definitely was inquisitive to know the "freaking" good news that put him in such a peppy mood!

I quirked an eyebrow. He laughed. "Ignorant as always, right Kev?" I was now definitely confused. I was never ignorant to what he used to tell me or anything. "I don't think I know the reason." I stated simply. He thumped my back and I pushed him away in annoyance. This was starting to annoy me a little what with the mystery and playfulness. "Chill, man! I can't get how bad your memory can be!" Riley uttered in exasperation. I could sense him matching my long strides as I was trying to make my way through the hallway.

I wished he could see me roll my eyes! That guy could keep annoying the hell out of me even after I would be decomposed and gone for good! He was that much of a pain in the ass at times! "Alright, Mr. Serious! Hey! Wait up! Don't walk that fast!" Riley yelled. He ran after me. The two of us were great at sports! Can't believe it, right?! But it was true and that was the real side of me! Not the guy you heard whine. I was a total sports freak! I was way better than Riley though I would never tell him that. He huffed next to me and jerked me to stop. The hallway hardly had anyone around obvious to the fact that they were in their classes. I was a latecomer with a 'valid' reason!

"You're too fast for your own good! Seems like God has given you these external eyes! You walked almost halfway without tumbling!" He pointed, surprised. I gave him a flat look. "What? Don't look at me like that, okay? Jeez! What's wrong with you?!"

This was amusing me.

I shook my head.

"Did you walk out of home?"

I shook my head.

"Did you quarrel with your parents?"

I shook my head.

"Did you damage your car?"

I shook my head.

"Did you reach home late last night or something?"

I shook my head.

I was trying so hard to refrain from laughing. This guy knew everything about me and it was hilarious to see him getting annoyed! Ah! Talk about sweet revenge...

"Gosh!" He swore. I could sense him messing his hair. He then asked, "Did your parents suggest you the eye surgery? Is that what's bothering you?"

That completely caught me off guard. My parents had suggested me the eye surgery when I was 10. It was the best thing, of course, but I thought to myself that if God made me come to this planet like this, then so be it. Why change the law of nature for me, right? Some of you might think that I was this one weirdo and I couldn't agree with you any better! If I were in your place, I would've definitely thought the same!

But there was this one condition I had made with myself. No one knew about it yet because it sounded very cheesy. I had promised myself that the day I would fall in love with someone I truly deserved would be the time I would change my belief in the "law of nature". I would go for the eye surgery and with my new eyes, I would look at the girl I would do anything for and who had changed me in such a tremendous way! The girl of my dreams, my love, my hope!