Chapter 15: Paparazzi

IMPORTANT: THIS CHAPTER WAS NOT WRITTEN TO HURT ANYONE'S RELIGIOUS OR SENTIMENTAL BELIEFS. 

This chapter is dedicated to [MetaphoricalAngel]! Thanks for being supportive and interested! You keep me going! :) 

------

Chapter 15: Paparazzi 

****Caroline's POV****

I just couldn't believe it!! I really couldn't!! How. Could. He??!! All this while I had been thinking that Hayden wanted our relationship to be like old times but now he just complicated the matter!! Remember what I had said about our relationship always being a secret?? Well, now fame was currently eating me up! Whole. There wasn't even a single place where I could eat in peace, walk in silence or for that matter even walk on the road!! Why?? The paparazzi kept pecking me like nasty hawks who wanted 'juicy information' at all times!! Didn't I've a freaking life?!

Apparently my fate remained the same with that question hanging in thin air. What an irony! I didn't know what privacy was anymore! It seemed like that word never existed! Even walking back home or probably two blocks away was a pain in the ass! People would whisper on the streets and I always had to bow my head to prevent their gaze from roasting it. The girls were the most annoying of them all! Some looked at me with wonder and the others with pure hatred and jealousy! What the hell?! What did I'd?? I always wanted to be famous, but not this way, and not with these consequences either! It was like a death threat!!

In shops I would see my photo or his in the gossip column on the catalogues. The entertainment channels were filled with 'hot gossip' stories of how we met or was he just dating a fan and blah blah blah. This thing was getting on my nerves!! All I wanted to do was sit in my bedroom and lock myself until the whole world disappeared. I thought having to access the internet was a good plan to space out but unfortunately, that didn't work out so well.

My FB account was filled with hate comments and some others with personal questions such as one disgusting one and I quote, "Are you just a girl he hooked up with or are you actually dating him??" What the fuck was that?! God!! I felt absolutely miserable!! YouTube didn't spare me either. YouTubers were making videos on us and the never-ending theories of how we met. On Hayden's videos, the girls were having a riot! They were in the most disgusted frenzy that really made me want to curl up and hide under a shell until I rotted. The question that bothered me the most was were they disgusted because I was dating him or was it because I wasn't anything good to date him?? Wasn't I pretty?? Unconsciously, I checked myself in the mirror and saw that they were probably right. A 30 year old version of me was staring back at me. I was wearing my dad's worn out shorts, a loose tank top and my hair was in a messy bun. I looked demented. Probably I was.

I sighed. What a life!! Thankfully, I wasn't on any other social media so I was pretty much insured. I hadn't felt this relief in a 100 years!! Hayden's Twitter account and all the other accounts he had were officially busted blasted and boomed! I didn't know how he was taking this. He better live with it. He brought it unto himself.

Plus, I had to make my FB account 'private' and if that counted for some privacy, I was grateful.

Did you know how my family was taking the news?? Apparently, my dad was 102% annoyed as hell! He's had to install black tinted windows in our car for our privacy. They weren't getting their piece of mind either! Dad was being questioned at work and mom had been bothered at the grocer's. They were both highly pissed!!

It was on the second day since the news broke out that my parents finally decided to open their mouths. They not talking about the sudden fame since the beginning was creeping me out. I guessed they took two days to digest all that was happening!