PLEASE READ

Haha, so this is the final author's note for Part 1 which I want each and every one of you to read because it is super important. It really is since I want to explain a lot and do some very much needed thanking.

I'm going to delete the previous author's notes while editing but this one will remain so by that you should know it is important so don't be nasty and skip it.

Let me begin by thanking you all.

I thank each and every one of you for reading this book.

I thank each and every one of you for voting.

I thank each and every one of you for commenting.

I thank each and every one of you for adding this book to your reading lists.

Thank you for showing this book so much love and support!!

Now, let's get to what I want to talk about.

Tbh, this book's plot seems kinda lame to my 17 almost 18 year old self. I got the idea for this book when I was 14 nearing 15 and wrote the first chapter at the same time.

Why do I find it lame?

Well, let's first talk about the main concept and that is blindness.

I don't know how it is that the blind feel. But I definitely do understand how it might feel and I empathise with them. You might've noticed how I project Kevin to be such a strong person irrespective of his disability and that is because of my belief I strongly believe in. I believe that anyone is capable of doing anything and nothing can hinder that. Sticking to that belief, I wrote this book.

I still deeply believe that.

However, I don't know if I got carried away by emphasising on his talent of playing basketball. I don't know of any blind person who was able to accomplish such a feat. If there is, please let me know.

Even if, let's say, I did get carried away, I don't think it seems stupid because this is a work of fiction and I can create my own scenario. Sometimes I doubt my plot, sometimes I don't. The topic I'm dealing with is risky.

Secondly, you might've felt that everything about Kevin playing basketball seemed to be deeply inspired by High School Musical and that is absolutely true. My 14 year old self was deeply in love with their concept of basketball and Zac Efron (can you blame me?). I'm sorry because it's not original.

Thirdly, the love and romance aspect.

Tbvh, I cringed while I was reading the beginning chapters while editing. I don't blame myself for rushing the fact that they both liked each other but on the other hand, too much happened too soon. I've edited those chapters and have made quite a few changes to make it less cringe-worthy. It was too cliché for me at one point. I don't know. I don't think I was able to write romantic scenes that well when I was younger.

There're a lot of aspects I haven't paid attention to which I'll change while editing and sometimes I don't understand how you guys have stuck with me till now. The love this book has received always has me surprised. I would recommend you to re-read the edited version after I'm done editing Part 1 (obviously) but it's your choice.

Every plot has its good and bad points and I can see a lot of improvement in the further chapters as I was growing up. My writing matured and it became steady.

The angst is finally over. The drama is all done. Part 2 is going to have just what you've wanted and that's a lot of Kevin and Carol action!! I can't wait to write Part 2!!

I can't believe Part 1 is officially and finally over!!!! Thank you so much for sticking with me and tolerating my lazy ass!! I'm very grateful.

I hope to see you all in Part 2 and I hope to receive the same amount of support!!

Also, you guys, comments mean a lot to me more than anything. Please don't feel scared to comment. It feels really nice to see comments after writing literally more than 2K+ words. So please do make my day by commenting from Part 2 onwards!!!!

The prologue for Part 2 will be posted only after I'm done editing Part 1 so please wait.

The summary for this book will be edited once I'm done with this book.

I'm updating the summary of Kelly In Action rn.

Thank you!!

Btw, Lauren, Kevin's and Riley's parents know about Celeste.