Chapter 3: Go Jaguars!! Go!!

"Okay, guys. This is it. Today we need to show them who we're because this is our last chance to make this school proud and to call ourselves Jaguars. This should be our win because this is officially our last game. I've been more than happy to be your captain and it's because of you guys and your never ending determination we were able to win all these years! It has been fun with you all and let's make tonight memorable! Tonight should be our victory party!" I finished with a determined look on.

The entire team cheered.

"Alright, guys. We've got to be in the open in a minute. Not a second to lose. Go and give your best shot! It has been a pleasure to be your Coach! You worked hard for this very moment! Show them that! Now get away with all the emotions and concentrate on the game! C'mon!" Coach encouraged.

I nodded.

"Alright then! WHAT TEAM PEOPLE??" Riley bellowed; excitement evident in his tone.

"JAGUARS!!"

"SCREAM IT OUT LOUDER!! WHAT TEAM??" He screamed.

"JAGUARS!!" We yelled together.

"C'mon, kids! Go!" Coach ushered us towards the exit of the changing room. I led the way. "Shout the name till we reach the court!" I demanded.

"JAGUARS!! JAGUARS!! JAGUARS!! JAGUARS!!..." and the rant continued. We shook our heads while cheering, looking all intimidating. The Knights had been our school rivals since forever! They were indeed tough to defeat making the matches more intense! I admired their dodging skills.

"There're plenty of people watching us and the Deans of both the schools are there too. I'm pretty sure Mr. Gosling is betting on you!" Riley whispered. I nodded. I looked over at the Knights as I heard the sound of them approach and my team circled behind me with me in the centre. We looked really tough and intimidating and I liked that!

"Welcome everyone to the Basketball Senior Year Finale! Today's match is the most awaited Finals between the Knights of St. Mark's and the Jaguars of Beverly High!!" The crowd grew crazy as soon as the commentator paused. The drums and trumpets slowly began to play and I could hear the cheerleaders practicing their cheers for the match.

"We've the captains of both the fierce teams. Andrew Smith from the Knights..." The crowd burst into a huge round of applause and whoops as he stepped in front. "...and Kevin Sanders from the Jaguars!" The crowd's reaction was tremendous. Almost everywhere my name echoed the most and the teams'. It was very rhythmic with claps and whoops. I heard someone scream "We love you, Kevin!!" Yeah...she was obviously from our school. I could almost feel Andy's [Andrew] glare boring into me. I smirked in satisfaction. I always called him "Andy" mockingly.

"We'll show you this time, Sanders!" He threatened.

"Oh yeah? What will you show, Andy? The talent of how you guys lose? Nah! Don't show us that. We don't want to come to your level." I sneered.

I was sure he raised his fist at me when I felt the referee stop him. "No violence. No intentional fouls. Understood?" He ordered.

We nodded our heads and grudgingly shook hands. "Alright!! The game begins in 5...4...3...2...1..." The referee whistled, throwing the ball upwards and I felt a hand grab it. Darn it! Andrew had gotten hold of the ball and his team was now one up. I told you! Their dodging skills were really good!

"Okay...the game's already getting intense!! Andrew is with the ball...He's dodging the Jaguars...but he hasn't passed the ball to any of his mates yet...seems like he's pretty confident! Whereas Kevin is following him up like a magnet...woah! He almost got hold of the ball...but now Andrew has passed it to his mate, George. George is now taking the ball with Riley running for it as well. And...Riley's trying to stop him...but...oh wow!...That's a BASKET!! 2 points to the Knights!!" The commentator bellowed.