Chapter 4: Waiting to Know You

Chapter 4: Waiting to Know You

"Are you sure, Mr. Sanders? Do you really feel that your team members will approve of this idea?" Mr. Gosling asked, unsurely. "I'm sure." I huffed with impatience and lack of energy. I could sense Riley looking at me like I was some bizarre species who came all the way from another galaxy! "Alright! Since you've done an incredible job with your team, I guess we'll stick to your suggestion. We'll inform the Dean of St. Mark's about it. They'll be more than happy, I suppose."

"Thank you so much, sir!" I chirped, my heart swelling with joy. The two of us walked out of the Dean's Office.

What had exactly happened? I didn't even know myself! I didn't know what overcame me but I knew I had to do this! I just had to! This was probably the first time in the history of Beverly High that the captain of the basketball team suggested such an idea! A victory party was only meant for the winning team, right? The people who had come to watch the match were either from our school or St. Mark's. What I had done was...I had insisted the Dean on inviting the students of St. Mark's as well to celebrate! Why?? Not because I was 'Mr. Very Compassionate' but because I wanted to find that girl.

I was sure she would be there...somewhere. I just wanted to talk to her. Have a conversation with her. Get to know her. Just like I had said, I was determined to find her and I would do anything to do so!

I ran towards the changing room as soon as I was nearing it. Why was it that when it came to sports my eyes acted like they could actually see?!

"What the hell's wrong with you, man?!" Riley began. "You've been behaving demented ever since you threw me that pass!" I chuckled while putting on my polo shirt. I had carried an extra pair of clothes because somewhere deep down, I knew it would be our victory!

Over confidence? What was that?

I was so excited for the after party! I couldn't wait to freak out! I just couldn't...

"Hurry up, Riley! Keep your speech for later! We've got a party to go to! Our party! The others have already gone, dude! We're the champs! The true heroes! Loosen up, man..." I cheered while patting his back as I made my way out. "Something's seriously wrong..." He murmured as he continued changing.

I felt him join me and the two of us walked towards the exit. Yo! The champs are coming...

+ + +

"Kevin! What an amazing skill, man! I totally salute you!"

"Superb, Kevin! Who taught you to play like that?!"

"Kevin, dude, you rock! To the core!"

"Such a gift! You'll do great in life, mate!"

"I'm a fan already...I so envy you..."

I could hear praises coming my way as I made my way. I could feel the increasing crowd. The party was going on in full swing and the music was blaring! So damn cool!

'I'm Gonna Live My Life' by Justin Bieber was on the playlist. "Get into the groove, baby..." I laughed out loud after hearing the voice. Christopher surely knew how to be an awesome DJ! "What is Chris doing up there?" Riley stated, amusedly. "He should be down here partying with us!"

"Oh, he's partying! He's getting the babes into the groove!" The two of us snorted. "Yo! Yo! Yo! Hey there, people!!" I recognised Samuel's, a friend of mine, voice boom over. The crowd cheered enthusiastically. Most of them were already drunk!

"Ha ha! You guys having a great time??" He yelled energetically.

The people whooped back. Wow! They were definitely having the time of their lives!