Chapter 5: Thousand Years

****Caroline's POV****

"Do you want to come with us, Carol?" Diana asked me while tying her shoelace. "Umm...yeah. Okay!" I chirped. I was really excited to go watch the basketball match.

Why?

Because I loved basketball! Also, the match was a must watch as it would be played by the two rivals! I just couldn't wait to get there!

There was also another reason why I wanted to go.

The girls knew the above reason but they never knew this one.

I had a huge crush on Beverly High's captain! I had seen him often when they used to come to our school to meet our players at times. The very moment I saw him, I started acting all giggly and girlish and it continued when I heard his name being called or caught him playing. He was a damn good player...that was also one of the other reasons why I started liking him! He was absolutely humorous and social! And not to forget, devilishly handsome too! I loved gazing at him all the time and found out that though he was from a filthy rich family and was very blessed, he was absolutely down to earth and was grateful for every possible thing he had!

Now that was one such quality which you would not find in most men. It was not like I cared about wealth but he was definitely one of a kind! He was like the guy I always dreamed to be with...I wished he could acknowledge my presence and know me better...but sadly...the guy was blind. I didn't want to pity him because I knew he was way better than any of us but...I was sure that there would never come a time when the two of us would even talk! Let alone start falling for each other!

He was so different in a good way! I used to keep myself updated about him every single time. Creepy? Nah! I just liked him way too much and it had all started ever since freshman year. Andrew used to talk about him often since he was the captain of our school's team. He was a good friend of mine and I used to get to know little details about Kevin. When I was told that he was dating so and so girl, my jealousy would reach its peak and I would tune myself off from the rest of the world. I couldn't help it! Those girls did not deserve someone as good as Kevin!

"C'mon! Let's go! Let's make your final day here amazing!" Cindy chirped, trying to hide her tears.

"Yeah...Let's...I just can't wait!" Diana replied and I smiled broadly while hugging them both.

Would my last day in the US be worth it?

+ + +

"Andrew!! C'MON!! YOU CAN DO IT!!" Diana screeched. I shut my ears and mentally slapped myself. Why did she have to cheer for Andrew?! I knew he represented our school and that it was natural for us to be cheering for him and that he was our good friend and blah blah blah but I didn't want the Knights to win!! The Jaguars rocked and my crush was playing too damn well!! Go, Jaguars!!

"Wow!! Look at that dribble!! Isn't Sanders amazing?!" I asked Cindy. I had to feign innocence because the students of St. Mark hated the Beverlians and vice versa.

"Yeah...he plays really well! I wish he was in our school!" She confessed with a grimace on. 'Me too!' I added, inwardly.

"What the fuck?!" Diana swore harshly. That was good news!! It meant the Jaguars were one up! Yay!!

I beamed and looked over the court. I saw Kevin spinning the ball on his finger. He looked damn hot!! But wait...what was he standing still for?! Was he contemplating on some plan or something?? Well then, he better do it fast because he was getting surrounded by our players!!