Chapter 23: That Call

*IMPORTANT*

This chapter is one of the most crucial chapters of this book. I hope you all like it!! It was difficult for me to write.

Comment on your views!!

#passmethefreakingtissuebox

P.S Play the song linked to the media. If the feels are too much for you to take [like me (sad high five)], then don't.

This chapter is dedicated to all of you!!

----------------------------------

Chapter 23: That Call

It had been a week and a few days. A week and a few days since I last talked to Aaron. Abigail went back to Paris the day after she spoke to Aaron. I was happy for her. Happy that things between them were settling down. What about me? Well, I was busy stuck studying for my finals before I would graduate. I was waiting for the day when I would be receiving my diploma! I was also waiting for the day when I would be able to talk to Caroline and sort things out.

"Can't wait to graduate, man! And two weeks after that, Prom!" Riley commented from behind me as my fingers traced the dotted letters on my current page. We were studying for our upcoming Chemistry exam. That reminded me! Prom! I had to get a date!

I heard him shift behind me. "Hey, do you need any help? You know, any explanation of diagrams or something like that?" He whispered, his voice soft.

I smiled at him. Whenever I would study, Riley would make sure he would join me too. He said he liked group studying! As if I didn't know that fellow! His main intention was to reach out to me and help me out!

"I'm good." I replied, my mind memorising the table of the insoluble and soluble salts.

"Cool." He chided and continued studying, the only sound heard was of us flipping the pages.

'Yeah, you can be the greatest

You can be the best

You can be the King Kong banging on your chest...'

My phone suddenly started playing the Hall Of Fame. Someone was calling. My heart lurched for a second and my adrenaline rush ceased the next. After I had talked to Aaron who had promised me that Caroline would call, I was always edgy whenever I received any call. After a week, I realised that I was getting my hopes too up and that I had to stop behaving like a desperate idiot! But yeah, just for a second when the phone rang, my heart clung to hope.

I heard the shuffling of Riley's feet as he rushed to grab the phone.

"Caroline." He stated, shocked.

My feet remained rooted to the ground. I was frozen! I felt like I was stupefied!

So she called! She had finally called! After the long wait, she decided to call! I would be talking to this girl ever since I last told her goodbye over the phone! I couldn't wait to hear her voice! I couldn't wait to know what the hell was happening!!

Riley handed me the phone not before swiping the screen.

"Caroline!" I breathed, a sigh of relief escaping my lips and I clutched my phone tight in anxiety.

"Kevin!" She replied, her voice sounding enthusiastic but tense.

"How are you? Where were you all this time?! Why didn't you ever call me?! Why didn't you ever respond to my calls?! What the hell is happening?!" I fired questions at her, frustration lacing my voice. I shut the book to concentrate on this call.