Chapter 33: I Need You

I was scared the whole time. I wanted to fight this battle and come out as a hero and a survivor. But I kept thinking about all the possible things that could go wrong.

Having my family, Riley and Lauren by my side was a huge help! Riley's parents were also supporting me throughout this.

I didn't get to see Riley for most of the time and I kept telling myself everything would be okay as the surgeon began his work on me and I was sent off to a deep sleep.

+ + +

My eyes felt twitchy and I could feel that sense of unconsciousness drifting away. My senses were starting to become clearer and my ears started hearing the sounds in the room I was in.

My hand that felt cold and slightly numb was encased in the warmth of another hand as it caressed my fingers, gently and lovingly. The feeling was enough to make me feel comfortable and loved.

"I love you so much, Kevin..."

That voice!

That voice that had such a huge effect on me!

My body reacted to her voice almost instantly. I was too shocked, my senses in overdrive.

Was I hearing things?!

It had to be, right? There was absolutely no way she was here!!

"You've no idea how much I love you..."

No, no, no. This couldn't be happening! Don't tell me she was here! I didn't want to raise my hopes only to be let down. I had had enough of that.

"There's so much I've to say to you and I want to tell it all to you but I'm scared you'll push me away. I don't want to lose you. I know it's selfish but I can only hope you'll still stay by my side and forgive me. I know nothing will ever compensate for what I've made you go through but I can only hope you'll give me a chance. I don't think I should be the first one you see because I think you'll be disgusted to see me. I don't want to see you looking at me like that even though I deserve it. I'm so sorry I messed up over and over again. I've been a bitch to keep you in the dark when all you did was trust me..."

I wouldn't push you away.

You wouldn't lose me.

I would forgive you.

I would give you a chance.

You had always been the one I wanted to see if I got my sight. You made me feel things I had never felt before. You were the one.

How could I ever be disgusted by you?! I couldn't even hate you if I tried.

I knew you had a reason and I'm willing to hear you out.

And I wouldn't let you walk away this time because all that mattered was that you're here and that was enough explanation.

Thank you for coming back.

I felt tears demanding escape and I clutched her hand tightly as a reflex. My eyes slowly began to open and light flooded my vision which made me want to squint. I blinked my eyes a few times until I could see everything as clear as crystal.

Wow.

However, the real beauty was right next to me.

My eyes scanned that beautiful face that was looking at me in pure shock. I couldn't stop staring at the face I always yearned to look at.

"Anyway, let me tell you...she's one hell of a stunner!! Gosh! Look at her!! She's a stunning diva!! She has beautiful deep blue eyes and a flawless face with brown wavy hair tumbling all the way down her shoulders. She has a cute dimple too! She's a marvel!!" Riley's description of Carol resonated through my mind and I tried absorbing all I could of this lovable face that was still looking at me in pure shock. Her eyes were slightly puffy and glistening with tears and her nose was slightly red. Her cheeks were stained with her now dry tears but she still looked gorgeous in my eyes.