Chapter 22: Spare Me the Pain

Before beginning with the dedication, I would like to thank each and everyone wholeheartedly for getting this book 3715 reads and 156 votes as of now!! I would also like to thank you all for your lovely comments and special messages that you've sent me about this book!! It seriously touches me when I notice people falling in love with the book and especially when they tell me about it!! Never would I've ever imagined the book touching so many hearts!! I love you all for this!! These dedications are paybacks to all of your sweet ways of showing me your support!! :) <3

This chapter is dedicated to [JessieCroons]! Thank you so much for voting! :)

*This chapter gave me immense feels...I hope you feel them too!!*

-----------------------------------

Chapter 22: Spare Me the Pain

****Aaron's POV****

Dring...

"Pick up the phone!" I seethed in anxiety, sweat wetting my palms. The phone on my ear was slipping every 2 seconds due to the stupid anxiety!

"Hello?" A manly voice spoke from the other line. My immediate response was to hiss in anger and clench my phone tight at the very idea of a guy answering her phone. Then I remembered it wasn't her phone!

"Kevin? This is Aaron here." I replied, my voice calm.

Silence.

"Aaron? Hey." He replied, his voice cautious.

"Um, hi! How are you? Uh...we haven't had a formal introduction before. But...I'm Caroline's brother and...Abigail's...boyfriend." I stated, the word 'boyfriend' making me flinch. My voice betrayed me. What were we exactly?

"Yeah. I know about you. Um...do you know me? Has Caroline told you about me?" He asked, his voice sounding hopeful. Abigail had told him about me! Good or bad stuff?

I thought about anything Caroline told me about Kevin. Nothing.

I watched some of the girls and boys laughing in the corner while I leant my head against the wall. It was our break after our course. After Carol's question about Abigail yesterday, something spurred me to take down Kevin's number and talk to Abigail. I just wanted to try my luck. Carol didn't know that I had done this.

"You're her friend, aren't you?" I asked.

Silence.

"Yeah. Right. I'm her friend." He answered, his voice sounding agitated.

What was on? Who was Kevin to Caroline?

"Umm...Kevin? I'll tell Caroline to give you a call, okay?" I said. I felt the tension and I wanted Caroline to sort things out.

"That'll be good. Thanks, man." He replied, his voice sounding a lot cheery. I smiled and watched a girl strutting towards a café not before giving me a flirtatious wink. I sighed and ruffled my hair.

"Kevin? Is Abigail around?" I asked.

Silence.

This conversation was so freaking awkward and difficult!

"She is."

Those words made my heart pound a trillion times per second. Sweat beaded my forehead and I clenched the phone tighter.

"Do you want to talk to her?" He asked.

I let out a heavy breath that I didn't know I was holding. Would she talk to me? She didn't the last time. She hung up on me.