Chapter 7: Parting Ways

"Kevin! Come downstairs, son!" Mom called for me. I walked downstairs, my anxiety increasing at every step. Once I reached downstairs, my sister caught my hand and walked with me towards them. "Don't worry, Kevi. She won't bite you..." Eva whispered. "You see what happens to you once they'll not be around..." I whispered back mischievously. "Yeah...we'll see..." Saying so, she left hold of my hand and ran forward. "Hey, everyone! How are all of you?" I asked with my hands in my pockets.

"Woah! Kevin has become a heartthrob, huh? You look devilishly handsome, son!" Mrs. Watson exclaimed. I rubbed my neck, chuckling. "Nah, I'm still the same Kevin Ronald Sanders." I said. Mom and dad laughed. "He's a simpleton. He's not good with compliments." All of them started chuckling including me. "But yes, Anna's right, son. How's life otherwise, boy?" Mr. Watson asked after pulling away from a hug. "All good. What about you guys? Comfortable flight?"

"Not exactly. I'm suffering from jetlag. That via thingy was irritating! Coming all the way from Paris to New York is a pain!" He said, tiredly. I patted his shoulder. "What you need is rest. Jonathan, help me carry their luggage, will you?" I requested. He came towards me and held one suitcase while I carried the other. "Careful, hon!" Mrs. Watson warned. I smiled and moved on. Thank God Abigail did not open her mouth! What would I say to her? It would be awkward to talk to her after four fucking years! We used to hardly talk before...

"Abigail and you did not talk?! I can't believe it! Is she still mad at you?" Jon whispered when we almost reached upstairs. "Not you too, Jon! I don't know, okay? I just don't want to talk to her!" I hissed in agitation. He huffed and the jingling of keys could be heard before he opened the door. "Mr. and Mrs. Watson will be resting here and as for Abigail, she'll be resting in the room opposite yours." He teased.

I punched his shoulder. "Who said she's going to sleep there?"

"Your parents. Things are surely going to be fun! Especially between two exes who were madly in love with each other 4 years back staying in opposite rooms! The tension's going to be immense! I hope I don't suffocate." He exclaimed while ruffling my hair. I stuck my tongue out at him. "We were NOT madly in love with each other! We were together, yes, and we loved each other. But we were not crazy for each other!" I confessed, softly, while sitting on the carpet. Jon followed suit.

"She was crazily in love with you though, boss! You must admit." He said. I sighed. "Yeah, I guess she was." "And what makes you think differently now?" He asked, curiously. "Don't know. I'm not really attracted towards her now." I confessed.

"Someone else on your mind?" He asked, sounding genuinely interested. "Umm...you can think what you like." Saying so, I got up grinning and carried Abigail's luggage to her room. "I'm going to find out." Jon said with finality and walked back downstairs.

Just before I was going to come out of the room, a girl hugged me tight and I was taken aback. I stumbled backwards and caught hold of the desk tight. The familiar scent of roses filled my nostrils. "Abigail?" I asked, even though I knew it was her. "Yeah, Kev! It's me! Gosh! I thought you had forgotten me!" She took me by surprise when she gave me a quick kiss. The kiss was quick but I regretted it.

"Oops! I guess I missed you too much!" She sang while clinging onto my neck. She soon started messing with my hair. "Hey, hey, hey! Woah! Stop preying on me like that! It's uncomfortable!" I said while pushing her away. She whined like a small kid. I rubbed the bridge of my nose in frustration. I knew something like this was bound to happen...

She started sniffing softly. Seriously?! Oh God! And now the immature Abigail would start to take over. "I came here all the way from Paris, okay!" *Sniff* "I had made plenty of friends there and guys were dying to be mine!" *Sniff* "Y-yet, I rejected them. I rejected them all! And do you know why? Because I'm freaking still in love with you, Kevin! I still love you!" She yelled. I stood still not knowing what exactly I was supposed to do. "I do not know why I still love you even after we broke up, but if I still love you, there has to be a reason! From the very beginning, right since our families grew closer, so did our bond! I hope you remember that!" She snapped.