9

"Jongseong?" Jieun popped in front of him, excitedly. Jay only told her his real name he didn't get what there was to be excited for.

"Ah I'm so happy! And it's only our hmm" she started counting on her fingers "9th date and you already told me your name" she pressed on.

They have went on countless of dates and Jay is not going to lie, he has warmed up to her. She's pretty nice and friendly, maybe he's catching feelings for her.

They were currently at a cafe, it was simple and Jieun found it cute. It was an early morning and Jay wasn't really a morning person.

"I'm going to the washroom give me a minute" Jieun excused herself and left Jay to stare out the window.

Hearing the sounds of birds chirping and the morning sun hitting his delicate skin. Having not been outside for quite a while Jay actually enjoyed this, it was peaceful. It wasn't busy and in this moment everything was perfect. Jay felt like all his worries disappeared and for a split second he felt genuinely happy.

However, with Jay not everything good stays that way for a long time. Jieun came piping back to their table, humming. Don't get Jay wrong he really appreciates her but he wished the moment he had lasted a little longer.

"So are you ready?" she asked holding back a smile that forced its way to her face.

"For?" Jay asked in a lazy tone hoping she would get the hint and she did.

"Oh no mister, you're not staying here all day. I planned the entire day for us so let's not ruin it" she said putting a tip on the table and pulling Jay along with her.

"First, shopping!" she said as they walked along the pavement witnessing the streets slowly fill up with people, vendors and shops opening.

They searched through almost every store they could find in the area and Jieun still couldn't find anything she liked. Jay eventually got tired of walking and pleaded for them to have lunch.

"One more store and we'll eat?" she asked batting her eyelashes to which Jay nodded in approval.

They walked into a store and Jieun started rummaging through the stacks of clothes. Jay decided to look for something for him to pass time.

He found a nice blazer and decided to try it on going into the dressing room. After putting it on he really liked how it looked and wanted to buy it but as he was about to walk out of the dressing room he bumped into someone.

"Ah sorry" Jay bowed quickly apologizing to the boy in front of him as he exited the dressing room until he heard a faint whisper.

"It's fine"

Jay turned around immediately, it was- Jungwon. Seeing the dirty green jacket, Jay's thoughts were confirmed. He quickly rushed into the dressing room but was stopping by one of the workers.

"Sir, someone is already in there you cannot enter" she said and Jay straightened himself and apologized "We have another dressing room available if you'd like" she suggested.

"No it's fine I was just leaving anyways" Jay said and left to look for Jieun whom he found in the skirt section.

"Jieun, let's go" Jay said in a hurry, and she frowned.

"Now? We haven't even done enough shopping!" she whined noticing Jay's hands empty.

"I'm hungry, please" Jay pleaded and Jieun complied putting the skirt she was admiring onto the racks again.

They left the store "So where do you want to eat?" she asked rubbing her tummy a little.

"Somewhere that is not here" Jay said wanting to avoid bumping into that stranger who freakishly looks like Jungwon. The mere thought sent goose bumps crawling in his skin.

"Oh don't be silly there is a ramyeon restaurant somewhere around here. I heard it's really good" she said trying to lure Jay in so she won't have to walk far.

Jay sighed and nodded. He had no choice or else she'll ask why he doesn't want to go with her anywhere in the mall.

"Ah really?! Yes!" she jumped for joy and they went to eat. The restaurant was pretty basic. Over these few weeks Jay has learned a lot about Jieun and one of them being she loves simple things even though it doesn't appear so.

"Isn't it yummy?" she asked slurping her noodles and Jay nodded, while eating as if he hasn't eaten in years.

"Do they not feed you?" she joked.

"Not really" Jay admitted and Jieun immediately felt bad. Idol life can get pretty ugly sometimes.

"Sorry I didn't realize-"

"It's alright" Jay said forgiving her and continued eating.

"You know, I sometimes forget you are an idol" she laughed a little but it was the truth "you're so kind and open minded unlike how those fan fictions make it seem.

"Fan fictions?" Jay asked out of curiosity.

"Ah nothing nothing, I just mean you are really nice" she said blushing a little at her last sentence.

"Jieun" Jay spoke up wiping his mouth after finishing his meal. He planned on asking her to go officially be his girlfriend, that's if she's willing to accept criticism of his fans for a little while.

"Yes Jay?" Jieun asked waiting to hear what Jay had to say.

"Would you like to be my girlfri- ah shit" Jay's words were cut mid-sentence when a hot cup of coffee spilled on him.

He quickly took a napkin and wiped it off his shirt with help from Jieun.

"Watch where you're going!" Jay hissed already pissed off. This was one of his expensive shirts and it's ruined, the coffee won't come off easily.

"You-" Jay looked up and pointed at the stranger but his words quickly got stuck in his throat.

That dirt green jacket

.

a/n: guys i'm sorry if you were trying to open chapter 9 earlier and it wasn't there. i actually wrote less and wasn't happy with it so i deleted it. now it's officially up, ily <3