28

"Is he okay, doc?" Jay asked the moment he saw the doctor come out from Jungwon's hospital room.

"He is. It's just a small overdose of medication but he should be fine when we wakes up" the doctor said.

"Can I meet him?" Jay asked and Jake nudged his shoulder and whispered.

"Pushy much?" he teased.

"Uh sure" the doctor approved and Jay was in there faster than you can say Jungwon.

"Bunny!"

"Dude, don't wake him up" Sunghoon said as they all sat on the sofa. Jay sat beside Jungwon waiting for him to wake up.

"So how did you guys get here?" Ni-ki asked and Sunoo shot him a glare silently telling him 'it's not the time'

"You won't give up, won't you?" Jieun sighed "Here's the breakdown for you clueless bitches" she eyed Ni-ki "Jake and I are step siblings, i'm the adopted one"

"Yo don't say it like that. You make me look bad" Jake stopped her at how harsh she made it sound.

"Who's talking here?" Jake fell silent "Exactly. As I was saying, I was adopted a few months after I was born and blah blah y'all don't need to know my life story. As for how we knew, Jay and Heeseung informed us before they left but my brother's flight got delayed cause we needed him to sign the agreement to use the military forces, since or parents went to Taiwan. Thus, we were late but thankfully no one got killed" she took a breath.

"Who in the world would've thought you two were siblings" Sunoo laughed.

"You're just blind. They look similar though, don't you think?" Heeseung added and everyone looked at the two back and forth.

"I know, it's crazy right?" Jake added.

"The doctor said he overdosed, on what?" Sunghoon popped the question, now curious.

"Isn't it obvious those anti-jay pills his mother made" Heeseung explained to his fiancé. "Yeonjun was also putting it in his drinks" 

"Damn that's messed up" Jake said.

"Where's your wife Jake?" Ni-ki asked bringing up the sudden topic and now made everyone interested.

"She didn't wanna come along since it's 'too dangerous' " 

"Lame" Ni-ki remarked.

"Nah she's one cool chic though" Jieun said, remembering the times she met Jake's wife.

"What's her name again? Isn't she famous?" Sunoo asked.

"Yea, she is. Gen is her name" 

"Her movies are legit awesome though" Sunghoon complimented.

"I guess. I'll ask her to come here since all this shit is over now" Jake leaned back on the sofa and yawned.

"So we all sleeping here tonight or just Jay?" Jieun stood up, not missing the little crack in her heart when she glanced at Jay holding Jungwon's hand and looking at him with loved-filled eyes.

"Whatever, you guys stay. I'm going" Jieun announced but someone stopped her.

"Wait- I need to talk to you" Jay said and Jieun just nodded and left.

"Guys, if-"

"We know, if Jungwon wakes up. We'll defy the speed of light to let you know" Sunoo said and rolled his eyes playfully.

"I'm just gonna be five minutes but sure do that too"

Jay walked outside to see Jieun leaned against the wall waiting for him. He approached her and stood directly in front of her.

"Jieun, thank you. Really, what you've done for me it really means a lot" Jay thanked her sincerely.

Jieun bit the inside of her cheek to hold back the tears that threaten to spill. God she probably looks so embarrassing right now.

"I-its fine dude" she awkwardly punched his arm and then mentally cursed herself for doing that.

"Uh okay. Oh and I hope you find someone who truly loves you. I know this set up date wasn't as appealing as you thought but whoever falls for you is the luckiest person ever" Jay put his hands on her shoulder, reassuring her.

"I know I know" she looked down, trying not to meet Jay's gaze cause she just might break down into pieces.

you deserve to be happy Jongseong.

"Don't give Jungwon a headache like you gave me okay Jongseong?" she laughed a little. The name never failed to bring a smile to her face even in times like these.

Jay smiled and bid her goodbye, it's not like it was her last of seeing him but she'll need to move on soon or else she will just be in a hopeless love forever.

Jay walked into the room to see Jungwon laughing with his friends.

"What happened to defying the speed of light?" Jay asked when he walked in, a little pissed off for not calling him.

He went to Jungwon's side with a big smile on his face.

"Don't do that you look like an angry bird" Jungwon laughed and Jay smiled seeing Jungwon happy and all giggly.

"Do I? Huh?" Jay teased and brought his hands to Jungwon's sides tickling him but the latter didn't budge.

"I don't have tickles anymore" Jungwon crossed his arms with a straight face.

"Okay okay I give up" Jay put his hands up in surrender.

"Ehem! Can y'all not do this in front of us?" Heeseung cleared his throat and looked at the couple in disgust.

"You're literally on Sunghoon's lap" Jay commented, Ni-ki and Sunoo snickered.

"You guys can leave now?" Jay added.

"You're disowning us now? Ouch?! Okay" Heeseung said and they all got up and bid their goodbyes to Jungwon.

"Wait- you don't have feelings for Yeonjun right?" Heeseung stopped asked Jungwon, dying to ask that since they started hanging out.

"No hyung" Jungwon replied and Heeseung smiled giving Jay a thumbs up and left along with the others.

"You don't?" Jay turned to him and raised his eyebrows "You said you moved on. I thought you fell for him"

"I didn't you stupid eagle" Jungwon slapped his arm "I just wanted to make you jealous but I guess it got too far"

"It did way too far from the beginning" Jay said and Jungwon smiled, taking Jay's hands in his. The familiar warmth sending butterflies straight to his stomach.

"What about my mom?" Jungwon asked.

"After all she did you still ask of her?" Jay asked i  disbelief "The soldiers with take her into questioning and to a better police force. Investigate her and either she get serious help or she dies" Jay shrugged as if it was nothing until he heard a sob from Jungwon.

"Hey why are you crying?" Jay asked and Jungwon looked up at him with teary eyes.

"I treated you like shit, Jongseongie" Jungwon cried and hugged him tightly "I'm so so sorry. I missed you so much" he cried into Jay's shirt.

Jay patted Jungwon hair and drew random shapes into his back to calm him down. It was a quiet moment for the two and they stayed like that for a while. They haven't really held each other in so long and they missed the warmth, the smell and just each other.

.

A/N: only one or two chapter left again.