20

Jay woke up with his arms circled around Jungwon's waist. He didn't remember much from last night, only Jungwon pulling him to bed and cuddling him until they feel asleep. 

No explanation nor questions asked. 

Jay looked at his watch and carefully got up from the bed, careful not to wake his sleeping boy. Jay sprinted down stairs and greeted Sunghoon, who was up early drinking coffee.

"Won't you stay until he's up?" Sunghoon asked, not having to mention the latter and Jay knew who he was talking about.

"I have practice in 15" Jay said, voice strained and chokes out. He didn't want to leave but his comeback was soon and the choreographer is on his back about practicing.

Jay left and walked out to see the sky in shades of yellow and orange. The morning sun was beautiful but so was the person sleeping right now whom he can't get out of his head.

Jay isn't stupid, he noticed Jungwon's odd behavior. A year or three without seeing each other won't change anything especially his feelings for Jungwon and neither did it change Jungwon's habits. It was as clear as day to Jay but he won't question it. Why? He's scared- scared of hearing that one word leave Jungwon's pinkish lips.

It was frightening to even think about but as days go by and the more Jay got to see Jungwon he seemed out of it.

[flashback]

"Wonie!" Jay jumped on the other, swinging his arms around his shoulder "Missed me? I'm sure you did" Jay playfully joked and pinched Jungwon chin.

"Who would miss you?" Jungwon joked with his head low and Jay's smile dropped.

"Baby bunny? Is something wrong?" Jay asked but Jungwon denied and lifted his head to give Jay a big smile.

"Totally fine! I'm hungry! Let's go eat!" he lied. His voice was a big giveaway and Jay's eyebrows knitted together in worry.

"Jungwon" Jay's voice lowered and was more serious that it gave Jungwon a cold shiver down his spine.

"Mom called" Jungwon finally admitted. He can hide all he wants and people seem to buy it pretty easy all except one-- Jay.

"What did she say?" Jay rushed out, drawing soothing circles on Jungwon shoulder as they still walked along the sidewalk.

"Home" he mumbled and Jay understood. Jungwon's mother wants him to come home now. She's always never been fond of Jay and now that they just turned teenagers Jay thought she might be a little more accepting, clearly not.

[End of Flashback]

"Park!" the choreographer's voice boomed across the dance studio as Jay entered. Jay put his water bottle down and began dancing.

"Wrong! Flick your wrist with the sound not the beat!"

Jay did as told and tried again.

"Wrong! Move your hands twice and then look up! Not three times! Twice!" he instructed again and Jay listened.

"Wrong! Start over!" 

Jay started over again and again. Hi mind fuzzy and his body exhausted.

"That's it for today! Work on those moves and we'll start again tomorrow at the crack of dawn" the choreographer instructed and Jay nodded and bowed.

When the choreographer left he dropped to the floor, sweat coating his entire body as if he just got dumped with a bucket of water, he would really appreciate that now.

2:12am

Jay got up and started practicing again. Drained his body until the sun started peaking through the blinds. 

It was morning again. Jay couldn't help it his body couldn't go on anymore. He went to his dorm and threw himself on his bed and dozed off in a matter of seconds.

-------------------------------------------------

"Jay's not here again" Jungwon said with his hand pressed against his cheek staring into space. He misses Jay, a lot and the latter always shows up once and disappears.

"He's busy, Jungwon" Heeseung felt like he told Jungwon this for the millionth time this week but he really can't comfort him. Jay is an idol, sure he doesn't know what it's like but it's not easy.

Heeseung pitied him for his work, endless hours of practicing nonstop it's really exhausting to think about.

"Honestly, Jay would come to meet you if he really loves you" Sunghoon intervened, munching on cookies and Heeseung threw a pillow at him, giving him a glare. If stares could kill Sunghoon would already be six feet under.

"Jungwon, don't listen to him, he doesn't-"

"He's right" Jungwon sighed "Jay hyung moved on"

"No he hasn't-"

"Yes!" Jungwon shouted in frustration, surprising the couple "I saw him with another girl when I was roaming the streets"

"Girl?!" Heeseung questioned confused and then shook his head from the thought "Whatever it is, I'm sure it's nothing anymore. He loves you Jungwon" Heeseung said trying to drag those thoughts out of Jungwon's mind.

"But-"

"But nothing! And where were you these past few days and the day Jay came to spend time with YOU?!" Heeseung asked already fed up with Jungwon's behavior.

"Jay wasn't there at the park! I wait so long so..." Jungwon trailed off, suddenly his words got stuck in throat.

"So?" Heeseung asked already fuming and Sunghoon sat there knowing better than to say anything.

"Yeonjun came" Jungwon said in a low voice.

"Who?" Heeseung asked not sure if he heard Jungwon correct.

"Yeonjun came to see me!" Jungwon stood up and raised his voice "He was coincidently there and he took me to get ice cream and he gave me a rose! At least he was there because Jay wasn't! He never was since i came back! Is he even happy to see me?!"

"Jungwon watch your mouth" Heeseung said through gritted teeth but the younger was stubborn and stormed off to his room, laying in 'his' bed.

"Why don't they understand?! If Jay can move on then so can I" Jungwon whispered to himself and let tears fall onto cheeks.