11

"Here?!" Sunoo shouted in shock, having Jay put his hands on his lips to make him keep quiet.

"Can you keep quiet for two seconds?! Yes, here was the first place I saw him" Jay confirmed and Sunoo calmed down a little.

Sunoo sat there still trying to wrap his head around this whole mess. He started believing Jungwon was truly back. Just the thought made him happy, excited and relieved, he missed his friend too much to even think of.

Then again, why was he homeless? He could've just come to one of his friends and we would help him in without hesitation. Why was he even following Jay? Or 'coincidently' meeting him everywhere he goes.

"Jay, I think we should look for hi- "

"I don't want him back nonetheless look for him" Jay said with a poker face.

"Huh?!" Sunoo looked shocked, his eyes were about to pop out of his head any moment "Don't you love him?"

"I did"

Sunoo laughed bitterly, he should've seen it coming. No matter how many chances you give him Jay will forever stay with this stubborn habit since college.

"You know what-" Sunoo stood up looking at Jay "If I were Jungwon I'd stay dead if I had to go back to someone like you one day" he spat and left walking out into the cold night.

"Stupid Jay. He's such an asshole" Sunoo said angrily, calling an uber to pick him up. While waiting he heard a familiar voice a few feet away from him.

Turning to see his boyfriend with what seemed like a homeless person "Ni-ki?" Sunoo approached and Ni-ki jumped with a guilt-look quickly fading away. The stranger quickly turned their back avoiding being seen by the person in front.

"Babe?! Haha what are you doing here?" Ni-ki asked trying to cover up something but Sunoo couldn't quite tell what it was.

"Oh, u ran off so I didn't tell you I was meeting Jay today" Sunoo simply said skeptically analyzing his boyfriend's movements "Who's this?" Sunoo shifted his attention to the stranger whom he couldn't see.

"Oh, I was just walking the street and saw him and decided to help him. He seemed um hungry?" Ni-ki said rubbing his hands over and over again, something he does when he's nervous and, in this case, hiding something.

"I can help too. I have a cinnamon bun from the shack over there I'm sure it will help" Sunoo reached into his bag and took it out offering it to the person who yet has not turned.

"Let's not bother him I already gave him money" Ni-ki said holding Sunoo's shoulders to walk away from there but Sunoo was persistent.

"No, I insist. He can save it for later if he is full now" Sunoo pushed, smirking a little leaving no room for Ni-ki to defend this person anymore.

"Sunoo he really doesn't-"

"Are you cheating on me with him?!" Sunoo finally snapped catching Ni-ki off guard.

"Wait- what- no- baby I mean he just wants to rest. We shouldn't bother him" Ni-ki continued and Sunoo sighed moving Ni-ki's arms off him.

He approached the stranger who was shivering a little "Sir, please take this you need it more than I do"

Ni-ki stood behind his lover biting his lip, silently praying he doesn't turn around but the stranger does the opposite and turns to face Sunoo with his head hung low and the hood covering it. Sunoo only caught a glimpse of his chin and lips thanks to the streetlights.

"Take it" Sunoo urged giving it to the stranger, hand reached out into the coldness of the night. The stranger seemed hesitant but slowly reached out to take the bun.

Sunoo being the detective he is today, noticed the wrinkled and bruised hand of the other. The stranger finally took hold of the treat but Sunoo wasn't giving up, he grabbed him by his hand and pulled down his hood in one swift motion.

Suddenly exposed the intense light the other squinted and covered his face with his free hand but Sunoo saw whom it was.

Jungwon

Earlier when Sunoo first saw the stranger he remembered what Jay told him.

"he wears a dirty green jacket"

And to his luck so does the stranger giving Sunoo the impression this was none other than Jungwon and he was right. Still, even after seeing him Sunoo was speechless. Having thought Jungwon died that day in the hospital but here he is standing in front of him, face covered in old and new bruises, what seemed like dirt smeared on his face and his hair ruffled in a mess, it was not a very pleasing sight.

Just as Jungwon was about to speak up a voice was heard behind them shutting him up immediately.

"Jungwon?!"