19| This feels right

I want a moment to be real, wanna touch things I don't feel, wanna hold on and feel I belong

_________________________

"Bon appetit" Gakushū said proudly as he displayed the meal infront of Karma.

Karma almost drooled as he was hit with the delicious aroma.

"Well? What are you waiting for, dig in" Gakushū pushed the plate towards Karma and handed him a spoon and fork

Karma was about to do what Gakushū told, but when he looked up at Gakushū, the strawberry blonde wasn't touching his meal, simply watching him.

"What?" Gakushū asked.

"Aren't'ya gonna eat?" Karma asked.

"I will" he picked up his fork. "But I want to know if you'll like it first" he said a little quietly that Karma barely heard.

"Awwe, you want my opinion Shū-chan? Never thought I'd see the day" Karma teased, enjoying how Gakushū turned pink. "Shut up! It's not like that!" Gakushū snapped.

"I'll help myself then! Itadakimas!" Karma grinned, his eyes closed.

Gakushū bit his lower lip and watched in anticipation as Karma raised the spoon to his mouth, and sniffed the scent of his dish.

Gakushū leaned in his chair, eyes glued to Karma's mouth as he opened it just wide enough to fit the spoon and it's content. "He's chewing it" he thought. "Or is he simply rolling it around in his mouth?"

(Author: I do that sometimes to avoid actually tasting the food I don't like and then I'd quickly swallow it. It helps me avoid hurting my mom's feelings because hey, at least I ate her dish)

He watched Karma swallow his dish. Gakushū felt sweat drip down from the back of his neck.

"W-well? How is it then?" He asked, hoping to mask his nervousness with nonchalance. Though he's sure that little stutter didn't help him.

Karma made a face, and cleared his throat awkwardly. "Gakushū...it's..." He started slowly.

"Tell me if it's good or bad mother fucker!!" Gakushū screamed in his head. He will never forgive himself if he made mistake in his mother's recipe.

"What went wrong? What went wrong? What went wrong? What went-"

"It's awesome!" Karma cheered.

Gakushū stared at the red head in confusion. "Wait, it's-"

"Who knew you could cook so good! Hey, can you teach me your mom's recipe? Or maybe make more? It's the best I've ever tasted!" Karma had stars in his eyes, something Gakushū has never seen before. It was an adorable sight really.

"W-well" Gakushū cleared his throat, and said rather smugly and arrogantly "Of course it would taste amazing Akabane, I made it after all" he crossed his arms and raised his chin up, a smirk plastered on his face.

Karma enjoyed himself, stuffing his face with Gakushū's dish, savoring the flavor as it all melted in his mouth. Gakushū watched him eat, a small smile of pride on his face. "He really likes it" he thought, taking a bite of his own.

As expected of him, his food was devine.

"I can...I can cook for you again sometime" Gakushū found himself saying. "If you really liked my ratatouille--But you should be grateful redhead!" He pointed at Karma with a spoon.

"It's an honor to taste my food, a rare opportunity, you should savor it while you can" Gakushū took another bite of his dish. "You should be really grateful I'm even considering cooking for you again"

"Thanks then" Karma said simply.

Gakushū whipped his head up.

Karma had emptied out the pot, and was now rubbing his tummy in satisfaction. "Really, it's delicious, fantastic" he praised. Gakushū felt heat rise in his cheeks.

He's always been praised but from Karma it's different.

Somehow, he found himself wanting more and more praises form the red head.

"Thanks" he quietly said, head bowed down so Karma couldn't see the smile that he failed to contain.

This felt really right.

Being with Karma felt really right.