47| Asano Yuki

Romeo, take me somewhere we can be
alone, I'll be waiting, all there's left to do is run

____________________

Knock knock

"Ano.... Gakushū-sama?" He heard the timid voice of the new maid.

Gakushū willed himself to stop working and push the damned papers away. "Come in"

The door opens and a young girl two years older than him came in. She had strawberry blonde hair likes his, and brown eyes. "Ano...you're father has returned, he wishes to speak to you" she timidly informed.

For a while, Gakushū just sat there, staring at her.

The girl shifted uncomfortably.

"You're new" he said.

"I...yes" she replied.

"What's your name?"

"A..Asano Yuki" she said. He raised a brow at this. "You have the same last name as me, what's your relation to me?"

"Er...we share a great grandmother...or a great great grandmother...my dad goes back and forth on that" Yuki explained. "Point is...we're second cousins! Or third?" The finishes uncertainly.

"What are you doing working here?" Gakushū asks, returning his attention to his already finished work sheets, making sure he didn't make any single mistake.

"My father told me that if I work here for a couple of years and get to know you" Yuki continued, sounding cheerful. "I might rise up and stand on equal footing with the main branch of the Asano family!"

"And just why" Gakushū hissed. "Would you want that?" He looked down at his scarred wrists, remembering the torture he was put through by his father.

"Well, I mean...my father said that I'm perfect and that I'm the one who will make him and mother proud, and that I should work hard to earn-- oh" Yuki stopped talking when Gakushū suddenly stood up, a shadow casting over his eyes.

"Let me give you some advice, cousin" he said, approaching her like a predator to its prey. "Straight from me to you"

SLAM

he slammed his hand on the side of her head, pinning her against the wall. The poor girl shook in fear as he glared down at her

"A very hard lesson" he growled. "Don't do everything your fucking father tells you to do, or listen to everything he says. You will never be good or perfect enough, you're just a tool for him"

The boy left the room, leaving behind his shaking and confused maid/cousin. "And when you see the first shot at freedom, take it but take your siblings with you too. If you have any" he added.

"Y-y-young master" Yuki stuttered, following behind him. "Where is father?"

"M-master Gakuho is in his office" she informed.

"Thanks"

"And mistress Masami said to come see her in the kitchen after your meeting with your father" she added.

"Tell her I'll be there" Gakushū informs, heading to his father's office.

He passed by family portraits, family pictures, and felt sick to his stomach. He really, so badly wanted to grab a baseball bat and start smashing those damned pictures.

Picture perfect family is what they are called, those are lies, complete and utter bullshit

Gakushū stood Infront of the office doors, the doors that will lead him to the devil. Taking a deep breath, Gakushū raised a pathetic, shaking hand to knock

"Gakushū"

He froze when he heard his father call him from inside. "Get inside, how long will you make me wait?"

Calming his heart, he pushed open the door, and went inside to the lion's den.