52| Be happy for mommy

I was left to my own devices
Many days fell away with nothing to show, And the walls kept tumbling down, In the city that we love
Grey clouds roll over the hills
Bringing darkness from above

____________________

She needs him to be happy

Gakushū trailed behind his mother. They were at the amusement park. His mother pointed at many different rides and game booths, wanting them to try everything. "Which would you like to do first Shū? The Ferris wheel? Or how about that ball game?" She asks her son with sparkling eyes.

But how is he supposed to be happy when they are spending their day here of all places?

Gakushū sighed, and forced out a smile. "Er....I suppose the ball game?" He said. "Wonderful! J was just about to pick that myself! Let's go!" She took his hand and led him to the ball game.

Gakushū felt happy for his mother, he was happy that she was happy, that she seemed to be enjoying herself.

But he himself wasn't.

This amusement park is a reminder of an incident that happened a few years ago.

An incident with his sister.

He frowned, before his eyed began roaming the area. His eyes landed on game booth to game booth, ride to ride, and he just felt a dark feeling begin to creep inside him.

"Onee-chan!" He heard his younger self's voice in his head.

"Ah!" He exclaimed, shaking his head to clear away that damn, shitty memory. "Shū?" Masami looked at her child with concerned eyes.

"It's nothing mother!" Gakushū assured, smiling.

"Oh..." Masami was unconvinced, but didn't question him further. She didn't want to irritate her son and ruin their day. "Two balls please!" She said to the man in charge, handing him two thousand yen(Author: 15 United States dollars)

The man handed the mother and son a ball each.

There was a stack of bottles that they were supposed to hit. If the bottles fall down they win a prize.

Gakushū and Masami both blew on their base ball, for good luck.

Then, the two threw their ball at the same time

CLANK!

their balls hit their respective targets, causing the stack of bottles to fall down and roll on the floor.

They earned claps from the small crowd watching. "Congrats" the man said handing them their prizes.

Gakushū and Masami received big teddy bears. The woman chuckled "I suddenly feel twenty years younger!" She said to her boy. Gakushū found the corners of his lips tugging upwards

"Let's go play more games Shū! Oh! Look there's a whack a mole game! I haven't played that since I was a teenager!" She grabbed her son by the arm and dragged him with her.

Gakushū let his dark feelings fade away to nothing. Feeling a newfound cheerfulness, he shook off his mother's hand from his arm--she looked back at him worried she annoyed him--and instead held her hand.

_________________

She wants him to be happy

Karma kept his eyes glued to the floor as he was dragged towards the gates of the amusement park. His mother's hand was holding onto his wrist.

But how is he supposed to be happy with her? All he feels is repressed anger and disappointment for this woman....

Hatred is probably mixed in there too.

"Karma"

His head shot up when he heard her call his name. "Hmm?" He hummed in acknowledgement.

"What would you like to do first?" She asks with a small smile.

"Ahh..." His gaze turned to the games and rides. Nothing piqued his interest here. The boy shrugged "You decide" was the answer he gave her. Natsuki bit the inside of her cheek "Oh...err.." her eyes wandered around the area, looking for something her son would enjoy

"Let's...wander around and see!" Was her optimistic--but if you asked him it sounded a little strained--reply. "Come on dear" grabbing his hand she led him with her to who knows where.