76| Life is a gift that's why we call it the present

Everytime we touch, I feel ecstatic and every time we kiss I swear I could fly, can't you feel my heart beat so? I can't let you go, want you in my life

_______________________

Nanami was seething with rage at her mother's outburst. Karma was just as furious as she was. "How dare she!" He thought, as he took Gakushū by the hand and led him out of the room, his boyfriend looked over his shoulder to catch one last glimpse of his beloved mother. "How dare she... " Karma repeated in his head.

"How dare she blame Gakushū's sister? How dare she be furious at her for running away from that hell hole she calls a 'home'?! She was young, she was scared, she was desperate to escape, but she came back didn't she? She came back for Gakushū, she came back and forced herself to face the trauma she probably hadn't fully healed from yet!" Karma pressed himself against Gakushū, rubbing the boy's shoulder. The two followed Nanami and Yuki outside

"According to that wench...if Nanami-san stayed as the 'golden'child, the 'perfect' daughter, maybe their father wouldn't have turned his attention to Gakushū and became crueler with his teaching methods..." Was the woman even hearing herself when she said that?

That meant she was perfectly fine with her daughter shouldering everything, pain, pressure, emotional abuse and ridicule... So long as it keeps their piece of shit patriarch happy enough to not turn against the youngest Asano? What about their daughter? "How can she call herself their mother?"

Nanami was asking him something. Karma couldn't remember what he told her

But soon all four of them were inside a car. Nanami called shotgun. The younger ones, Karma, Gakushū, Yuki, were all pressed together in the back.

"And then she turned on Shū, fuck he looked so shocked and heartbroken. I've never seen him look that hurt before, like he lost the most important and cherished thing he ever had... How dare she call him ungrateful? How dare she scream at him" his hand formed a tight fist, and began to shake.

"I should have hit her at that moment.. " he thought with regret. "The opportunity was right fucking there but I didn't do shit!" Why didn't he? Oh right... Because of Gakushū. He knows how much the boy loved his mom, he would have been angry if Karma raised his hand against that woman. Never mind that she was being a bitch, Gakushū would defend her no matter what.

Karma understood why, as much as he hates it. That woman was still the only one who kept Gakushū from going crazy in that house, he persevered for her. She was always whispering sweetly in his ear, telling him she loved him, praising him when Gakuho didn't.

If Gakushū had to choose between loving his sister or mother more... He would choose his mother. Because Nanami ran away and left him behind. His mother meanwhile remained by his side and held him tight.

Never mind that when he became older she started leaving the house more because of her business trips(Karma thinks those trips were just excuses to get away from the hell they live in without hurting Gakushū's heart). In Gakushū's eyes she was the best mother in the world

So... imagine how hurt his boyfriend must be. When that image was shattered, and he was faced with a delusional, angry, weeping, screaming, possibly even crazy, woman yelling at them with such hatred in her voice and pain in her eyes.