56| After that

The sun goes down, the stars come out
And all that counts is here and now
My universe will never be the same
I'm glad you came

___________________

Karma was quick to pull himself away from the confused, frozen Gakushū, and stood up to his feet.

Soon enough, a beautiful blonde woman came running in. "Gakushū! There you are!" She dropped to her knees and pulled her son into her arms. "You just....you just took off running without a word! I was so confused...so worried!" She checked him for any signs of injury.

Satisfied that her son was physically fine, she breathed a sigh of relief, and stood up, bringing her son up to his feet with her. "I'm sorry sweetheart. I should have taken you somewhere else, I knew how hard being here is for you" she said apologetically.

Gakushū finally snapped out of his daze from the kiss from Karma, and gave his mother a false assuring look. "Er....it's fine, mother" he lies. "The memories just got to me and I--had to take a breather"

Masami smiled, relieved. Before finally acknowledging the boy with them. "Who's your friend?" She asks.

"He's Karma" Gakushū introduced. Karma gave her a friendly wave and smile "Nice to meet you Asano-san" he said respectfully. Masami beamed at the respectful boy, "oh hello Karma-kun! Thank you for keeping my baby boy company"

Karma snorted, and Gakushū blushed. "Mama" he whispered, feeling embarrassed.

"It was no problem ma'am. We learned some new things about each other while we were here" Karma gave Gakushū a soft look, who returned it with the same tenderness, if not more.

"Do you go to the same school as Gakushū?" Masami asked, suddenly taking an interest in the red haired boy.

"Yes"

"Do you see each other often?"

"Yes" -Karma

"Do you spend time together often?" -Masami

"Yes" -Karma

"Are you two close?" -Masami

"We have a close bond" Karma's eyes shifted to Gakushū again. "I like to think we understand each other better than most do"

"We bring out a different side to each other" Gakushū added

"I'm a good influence on your son" Karma couldn't help but brag.

"Awwe..." Masami cooed. "You boys like each other a lot don't you?" She chuckled, unknowingly awakening some long time buried feelings.

The boys looked at each other once more.

"Yes" Karma answered with a small smile.

"Er....yes, we do" Gakushū agrees, looking to his side.

Masami completely missed the way her son and his so called friend looked at each other before, and the teasing smirk the red head's lips pulled to.

"Karma!"

The three of them heard the frantic yells of a woman.

"That's my mother calling for me" Karma sighed. He really didn't want to face his mother, but he knows that he has no choice but to do so.

And besides, his argument with Gakushū opened his eyes to some things.

"My mother and I are exploring the amusement park but we have no idea what to do for fun, there's too any choices" Karma said to the beautiful blonde woman. "Would you perhaps, like to join us?"

Gakushū looked at Karma who winked at him. "We'd rather spend the day with each other for company right?" His eyes seemed to say.

Gakushū felt warm inside. However the warmth faded away when Masami said "So sorry Karma-kun but Gakushū and I are meeting with someone later, maybe some other time"

Gakushū was tugged forward by his mother.

"Thank you for keeping him company Karma-kun! But I'll be taking my son back now" she nodded at him before leading her son out.

Karma reached his hand, as if wanting to catch Gakushū's hand and pull him back, but stopped himself in time. "He's already overwhelmed enough because of our kiss. That's enough for today" he told himself

He left the mirror house after a few moments.

Outside, he spotted his mother frantically turning her head left and right while calling his name. Her phone was out. Every now and then she would press her phone over her ear and speak into it

Karma reached for his phone in his pocket. He had silenced it so he didn't realized his mother had been texting him and trying to call him.

Deciding to put his mother out of her misery, he approached her.