63| Comfort Part 1

You're not alone, together we stand
I'll be by your side, you know, I'll take your hand

__________________

(Warning: Child abuse, tasing, ridicule)

Karma is his comfort, his pain relief. Ever since that boy saved him from drowning and forcibly included himself in Gakushū's day to day life, he's felt this rush of something undescribable.

Karma made him feel calmer, braver, he made him long for another day, he makes him feel like a normal person, like an ordinary student.

Karma makes him laugh, makes him, smile, corny as it sounds but Karma is his source of happiness, his light.

And he's afraid that his light will be taken away, or worse, that it would flicker and then die leaving him alone in the darkness again.

His cuts all over his arms and legs were healing much faster, and he hasn't picked up a blade for some time now

All thanks to Karma's efforts

He didn't want to cause anything that might ruin what he has now.

So when he noticed his growing feelings for the red haired boy during their first week together, he brushed it off as gratitude and admiration.

When he and Karma became more and more comfortable with each other, sitting side by side, napping together, showing each other their vulnerability, his feelings started to show once more. So he jammed it all in a metaphorical jar and sealed it shut

Every physical affection they share, like indirect kisses or lasting hugs, stabbed his heart because he was afraid if he or they went any further than that, put a label on whatever was going on between them, everything would get out of control and he would lose the one good thing that ever happened to him in years

Fear, paranoia, anxiety mixed together were never a good combination

But ironically enough, despite his feelings for the red head causing his distress it was also what was giving him hope. Stupid right?

And today at the amusement park they kissed. Granted it was quick and fleeting but it was enough to make his heart skip a beat--yes he is well aware how cheesy that sounded.

Slap!

Gakushū slapped both of his cheeks with his hands to snap him out of his thoughts. "Snap out of this daydream!" He scolded himself, before covering his face and internally screaming. Curse that red head for reducing him to his, but he lo--likes him anyway.

Sighing, he straightened his hair and clothes and stopped in front of the gates to his prison. "Home sweet home" he whispered sarcastically, opening the gates by waving his hands at the cctv cameras.

The large gates swings open automatically, and Gakushū steps inside the property.

____________________

Dinner was in icy silence as usual.

The only sounds were coming from the chewing of mouths and the moving of chopsticks. From the corners of his eyes he saw Nanami trying to catch his attention. Gakushū decided he'll talk to her later after dinner.

"Nanami" Masami broke the icy silence, much to Gakushū's gratitude, because he was begining to shudder. "What kind of farm do you run?"

Nanami smiled gratefully and began to explain that she owned a strawberry farm and made a living by selling strawberry jams

Gakushū wasn't really paying attention when she first told him at the ice cream parlor, so this was all new to him.