24| Messages and missing someone

Try my best but what can I say?
All I have is myself at the end of the day

_______________________

Karma waited anxiously for Gakushū's text.

To distract himself, he worked around the mansion, cleaning from top to bottom. Aggressively vacuuming the carpet and dusting the books in the library.

Then, later that evening at about 9pm, he finally received a message.

Gakushū: Karma
9:03pm

The red head breathed a sigh of relief.

Me: ya miss me already Gakushū?
9:03pm

Gakushū: no
9:04pm

Gakushū: I believe it is the other way around, judging by how fast you responded
9:04pm

Gakushū: Do not tell me you've been waiting for my message all this time?
9:04pm

Me: Don't flatter yourself
9:04pm

Gakushū: Why are you dry?
9:05pm

Karma shot up from his bed. Curse his perverted mind.

Me: SIR what do you mean dry?
9:05pm

Suddenly feeling perverted and wanting to tease the strawberry blonde, he quickly typed out and sent:

Me: If I'm so dry then make me wet
9:06pm

Meanwhile, Gakushū, who was lying in bed, sat up straight when he read Karma's reply, his cheeks blushing. "Tease" he muttered, smirking to himself. But then he shook his head roughly and typed

Me: Go fuck yourself
9:06pm

_____________________________

"Oh I will" Karma grinned, lying on his belly as he responded to Gakushū.

Gakushū: Go fuck yourself
9:06pm

Me: Only if you watch me
9:06pm

He laughed as he imagined Gakushū's cute blushing, possibly annoyed plus embarrassed face.

Or would he be amused of him? Gakushū may act all honorable but Karma can sense that the strawberry blonde might be a closet pervert. He placed his phone to his side and rolled on his back, staring at his ceiling.

Having Gakushū staying with him in this big, empty, cold mansion, it brightened the place up a bit. The mansion he hated for it's emptiness and reminder of his constant loneliness temporarily became warm and alive and all because that annoying second-place-kun, how surprising.

Karma stared at his phone for a few more minutes, but it looked like Gakushū won't be responding anymore.

Karma turned off his phone and charged it, before falling back on his bed.

His eyes traveled around his room, taking in the childhood drawings on the wall that faded away from time, one would have to squint their eyes to really see them. His eyes went to his neat desk, the very few dirty laundry on the floor, and then his closet.

The red head stood up, and walked over to the closet, opening it, and rummaging inside. Karma was looking for something that's been kept hidden for so long.

Eventually he found a black box.

Opening the box, it revealed old toys, childhood photos, and a tattered old scarf.

Karma picked up and scarf and wrapped it around his neck, bringing the fabric up to his nose and smelling it. Strange how after ten years, her perfume still lingered in that scarf. It brought him a sense of calmness and nostalgia, but also resentment and bitterness.

Karma went back to bed, scarf wrapped around him snugly. "Good night" he whispered to no one in particular.

The last thing he saw was that one picture frame faced down before sleep took over.