ONE

It's already almost a week but this is the first time I met Marquis Aslan or my father. His face expression very dark and scary even though he had a charming appearance.

"You've made up your mind?" he asked which made me almost choke on food.

"About what, father?"

"About when you will get married. You're already 19 years old. You have to get married at least before 20 or no one will be interested in you anymore."

"But I'm just 19! I'm still young!"

"What on earth do you think you are still young ?! Some girls at your age already become a mother!"

Damn...I forgot in this era people usually get married early.

"That's..."

"Now tell me the ideal type of man you want? If you refused to tell me, I will marry you to a 40 -year -old man!"

He will marry me to some pervert rich old man?!!!!

"Fine ... I want a very handsome man, lots of money, has power and influence in this empire. Oh forgot! No beard!"

Yes...No beard! I'm sure there's no man in this empire shave their beard. Beard is the must for man in this era to show their masculinity.

"Handsome? Seriously? Is that even necessary? You don't want someone who is strong and built?"

"No ..."

"But you're my daughter! You should at least pick someone from the knight or duke!"

"If father couldn't find this man. I won't be interested in getting married. That's fair enough, right?"

"But if I manage to find this man. You have to get married as soon as possible."

"Alright, father."

"Fine, it's a deal then."

He immediately got up from the dining table as soon as he finished wiping his mouth with a napkin. Without even looking at me, he leaving the dining room.

"Lady Amelia, you have a high tea invitation from duchess Maria. Are you interested in attending?"

"Sorry, not interested."

"But lady Amelia. You've declined 10 invitations to attend. What will they think if you continue to decline their invitations for no reason?"

Actually, it's not that I don't want to attend all the invitations but I'm not familiar or know them. My father is not an ordinary person. What if I made a mistake?

"Lady Amelia?"

"Err yes? What was it again?" I looked at her with a confused face.

"Lady Amelia, you should at least attend this invitation. Duchess Maria is a good friend to your late mother."

"My mother?"

"You forget it? Lady Amelia, did you lose your memory after falling in the river that day?" She asked worriedly.

"Can you keep it as a secret?"

"Sure my lady ..."

"Actually, after I fell and drowned in the river that day. I just don't remember anything." I lied with a sad face.

"Oh my ... Poor soul ... I'm so sorry my lady. It was my fault. I shouldn't--"

"If you are sorry then you have to help me to gain my memories back. Don't tell anyone about this ..."

"I will try my best to help you, my lady. I promised!!!"

"Thank you, Anna."

*******

Hi guys! Sorry for late update! I hope you guys enjoy my story! Thank you so much! Btw sorry for my English...HUHUHUHU