TWO

"Amelia ... You came! Long time no see ... I heard you sick after incident that day. How are you now?" Duchess Maria asked and hugged me tightly.

"I'm good. You don't need to worry ..."

"Glad to hear that. Oh forgot to tell you! Ethan already finished his training and joined your father's knight."

"Ethan?"

"Yes ... You don't remember him?"

I was told that Duchess Maria has a son named Ethan but I don't expect him to be here now!

"Of course I did remember him! He's my friend." I said in a nervous tone.

"No! You two basically a sister and brother! Ethan just like an older brother to you ..."

"Err ... Yes! That's right! We are so close. Hehehe ..."

"Oh! That's him !!!" duchess Maria pointed at a handsome man who was walking towards us.

Anna was right that Ethan is very unique here because he's an Asian. He is an adopted child of duchess Maria because she don't have any children. Ethan is the sole heir of the Halstead dukedom.

"Ethan ... This is Amelia. You still remember her, right?"

"How can I forget this cute girl? Hi Amelia. I think the last time I saw you was when you were 12 years old, right?"

"Yes ... It's been a long time, right?"

"Yeah ... You used to be a cute girl and now you've turned into a very beautiful woman." he said which made my face hot with embarrassment.

"Thank you for your compliment."

"What are we waiting for? Let's go straight to the table to enjoy the tea I bought from the west. Come ..." The Duchess pulled the two of us to sit at the table together. From here I can see how handsome Ethan is.

"Is there something on my face for you to keep on staring?" Ethan asked which make me embarrassed

"Errr...Nothing! Sorry...It just weird to see someone without beard."

"Amelia, I heard you rejected the marriage proposal from Viscount Hendery." asked Duchess Maria who made me uncomfortable.

"Mother ... You shouldn't ask that question." Ethan tried to stop his mother from asking me questions. Thanks, Ethan!

"Why? I'm just curious why she rejected the marriage proposal from Viscount Hendery when he's rich and powerful."

"Mother ..."

"Fine ... I will stop."

The three of us enjoyed the tea on the table without any conversation. Duchess Maria immediately asked herself and went to another table with her friend probably because she could not bear the loneliness here.

"Sorry ... You know my mother right?"

"Don't worry. You don't need to apologize .."

Ethan just smiled then enjoyed his tea. After nearly 30 minutes of sitting, I finally told Ethan to go home.

I was really uncomfortable hanging out with people I didn't know here...

*********
Hi guys!!! Double update cause why not? Sorry if there's so many grammar error 🥺😅