TEN

The situation outside was very chaotic with people running and screaming. Anna had to stay at the Howard Estate with other servant and wait for dad to come back while Maria took me out from there.

"My lady! I think it's safer if you come to my village and leave the capital." said Maria while holding my hand.

"But Maria...I can't just leave like this! I don't know if my father is still alive or not! I should stay with the others!"

"Everyone in that palace has been killed! You're not safe here! What if that crazy tyrant come after you?"

"But---"

"We don't have time! Let's go!!!" Maria forcibly pulled my hand to get on the horse carriage in front of us.

"What are you trying to do?" asked a man and pulled my hand from following Maria.

"You're that tyrant!!!! How dare you touch my lady!"

"It was you. How dare you trying to run away my future wife." said the man and took out his blood-stained sword.

I started screaming in fear when I saw his face that covered with blood.

"You are the one who killed my father..."

"Damn...Now you're afraid of me?" he asked and sighed.

"My lady! I will--Ack!!" he stabbed Maria with mercy.

"You are trying to take her away for your own benefit since she has the power of holy light. Who ask you to do this? Queen dowager?"

"I won't tell you! If it wasn't me who took her, I'm sure someone from our clan will!!! She's our hope!" told Maria while holding back the pain.

"Holy light? What?"

"My lady...You're the archmage of---Arghh!!!" he cut her neck before she even finished.

"Follow me." he said while pulling my hand.

"No!!!" I screamed and tried to run away but he easily caught me.

"Your father order me to take you away from here." he said.

"Father is still alive?" I asked and looked at him.

"Yes, he asked me to take you away from here until the capital recovers from the rebellion."

"How can I trust you? You just killed all the royal family! It's not impossible for you to kill me!"

"I won't kill you."

"Why?!"

"Because you're my future wife."

"WHAT?!!!!"

~~~~~
Double update cause why not? Hehehe...Hope you guys enjoy this chapter! Btw please ignore my grammar mistakes huhuhuhu...Thank you for reading my story!❤💕